Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 5:09:33 PM EDT
1. "you have the right to remain silent"
2. Are you a terrorist or something
3. Can i have this piece of brass (my response was No)
4. That guy with the green pickup needs to pay me another $8
5. Back in nam...
6. ..In nam we would have to keep cleaning our m14s because they didnt shoot when they were dirty
7. Go to the back of the parking lot and let the people in front of you know that you are going to shoot over their heads
8. You need to zero that thing at 400 yards
9. You can take out an airplane with that thing
10. Let me show you how to use that mildot (it was all wrong from that point forward)
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
When someone hands me a firearm with the action closed and says,"Don't worry, it's unloaded".
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 3:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
..."You need a special permit to own that m16...right?"
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
If the weather holds somewhat, will be at Calverton Thursday.  Hopefully my friends and I and our wives will not encounter equally dumb questions or statements during the week.  One of the reasons I usually wear some leftover uniform parts from my 28 years in the reserves is to negate the unsolicited advice about flipping the rear sight or avoiding mag jams, etc.  But then I get the questions 5 and 6 followed by unsolicited war stories.  Oh well, guess I should have known that EBG shooters attract the real nuts.
One courtesy-type question: I want to empty a few 30 rounders of Wolf out there---Should I advise the range officer that I will be firing relatively rapidly  or is that too presumptuous on my part, implying I'm going to do it regardless?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]
You can advise all you like, but.. if granny is there she'll rip your head off! There is no rapid firing any longer at Calverton.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]

I want to empty a few 30 rounders of Wolf out there---Should I advise the range officer that I will be firing relatively rapidly  or is that too presumptuous on my part, implying I'm going to do it regardless?

"SLOW IT DOWN RAMBO, NO RAPID FIRE".....the lunch lady from hell..........
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure the lunch lady will look the other as long he lets her bump fire off a mag. Shoot on, grandma!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#7]
HA HA HA HA!  You need to come out to my range!  Well, the public range anyways.  I've nicknamed it the "Anarchy Range" because anything goes--anything!

I took my second trip out there this weekend with a buddy.  Near Springville, about 30 miles south of Buffalo off of Rte 219.

There was one guy there this weekend with his own AR15 and a few shotguns.  His son, about 4 years old was working over a paper groundhog with an air rifle.  Over the hillside you could hear intermittant shots of wood chucks meeting their maker.  I love the country!

As we were packing up to leave, this guy came by to scavange brass.  He was one of the wood chuck hunters and love his .222.  His comment was "Wow, it sounded like a war zone over here!!"

I said, "Well I set up an exploding rifle target down range so you might want to cover your ears."  Turned out the tannerite was a dud, though!  What a pisser!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
25yd indoor range, two dumb fucks 3 booths down shoot the the shit out of a hanging target 5 FUCKING FEET away with a shotgun (12/20, not quite sure). Rapid fucking fire.

*BOOM* Hear birdshot raining down.
*BOOM* Feel ricochet hit my leg, see it bouncing all around the floor.
*BOOM* Headshot on target, takes out a portion of the ceiling downrange.
*BOOM* Hits target holder, blows targets off, birdshot all over the fucking place, wait 5 minutes, range-master replaces target-backing, repeat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol. I still havent went to a range in NY. Got 10 acres of backyard.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Bullet, Green,
what is the lunch lady's definition of rapid fire?  As cheap as I am, I am not so sure that what I want to do would be considered rapid fire.   Is rapid fire:
2 ejected shells in the air simultaneously?
As fast as I can squeeze them off?
I want to simply be able to fire aimed shots from the offhand with a hasty sling rapidly.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Who knows exactly what it is. They have a sign up that says one shot every five seconds. Of course, that's not enforced, but.. I'll assume it's there to keep the nitwits in check. I guess, the best advice would be don't draw attention to yourself. Try it out, if it's too 'rapid' for them, they will let you know.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#12]
It's only rapid fire if she catches you but as most of us can attest, she WILL catch you eventually.  A mag dump with a beta C is especially a bad idea!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for all the advice.
Just had a horrible thought- does lunch lady "surf" this website... <grin>
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Lunch Lady would be lucky if she had running water, forget about the internet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top