Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 7:19:03 AM EDT
I know this is a REALLY dumb question, so dont flame to hard, but I figured I'd ask anyways...

Anyone here have any private (metro area) land that would allow plinking on, or maybe even prarie dog control?

I just built my J&T kit last week, haven't had a chance to feed it any ammo yet.  Taking it to cherry creek to sight in Thursday.  But would like to do more then punch holes in paper.  I'm going today after work to check out some Nat'l Forest in the Deckers area.  Dont mind public land, just dont know of any "good" places to go.  I've always liked the relaxed shooting you can do on a nice piece of private land.  Free would be nice, but will negotiate on possible fee.

I know this is a long shot, some laughter and flaming is expected.  But you never know till you ask...
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
WARNING!  Check with the Forest Service (both state and federal).  A very big portion of the Hayman burn area and surrounding forest was closed to shooting until further notice (most likely 'til the end of this summer).  Karl.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Karl ~  Thanks, I rode from pine junction through woodland park on 126.  I was amazed at all the burnt forest area.  Interesting to see houses right in the middle of all the burned trees.

I did stop in the Nat'l forest office, and was shown a good place to shoot in the kelsey creek area.  It sounded like alot of the firearm bans (rampart range and areas along the river) are a result of "accidents" not so much the fire, which was suprising to me.  But the ranger did give me the go ahead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top