Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2007 7:20:18 PM EDT
www.wsbtv.com/news/14251034/detail.html

This world really sucks when something like this can happen in a place like Duluth.  The sad part is that our Police department couldn't be any more visible than they already are.  Hell, I am not sure, but I think this happened within two (at most) miles from the PD and no more than 1/2 a mile from town hall.

I guess there is no prevention for something like this, you just have to stay ready.  What a crappy reminder.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It was just outside our city limits, in the county jurisdiction but it is just the changing times.  A good reminder to always be prepared
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:23:41 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a tragedy that should never happen, for sure.  However, I can't help but think that it's the first article where they didn't say the husband was suspect #1.  They usually start cooking up the "Scott Peterson went fishing - yeah, right" stories right away.

I hope the family is taking it as well as they can and the police catch the piece of filth who did this.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw a blurb on tv, but didn't realize that there was a home invasion involved.  That kind of crap can happen just about anywhere.  Folks need burglar alarms, dogs, and they need to be armed and vigilant.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw a blurb on tv, but didn't realize that there was a home invasion involved.  That kind of crap can happen just about anywhere.  Folks need burglar alarms, dogs, and they need to be armed and vigilant.  

Last night I was thinking that I am paranoid for carrying at home all the time.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
and my wife called me paranoid for velcrowing a 12g to the back of the couch!
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#10]
lol pretty funny.  I always carry (or have at arms reach) an AK in the house.

Quoted:
and my wife called me paranoid for velcrowing a 12g to the back of the couch!
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep my mom gives me grief all the time - "Why do you have that thing on your hip"  Then I send her stories like this one, or the one about the 12 year old that was home sick from school and got killed and she backs off - for awhile.  

I don't call it paranoid.  I call it prepared. :)

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#12]
The UPS guy always looks at me funny when I come to the door with an M4 slung on my chest.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think the UPS guys like the automatic weapons that are on the outside of the house and are atomated to follow any movement in the yard......
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
IF they catch the perpetrator. My last home invasion case the lead detective admitting on the stand they never caught the shooter and had to be satisfied with rounding up as many of the co-conspirators as they could. The shooter remains at large today.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IF they catch the perpetrator. My last home invasion case the lead detective admitting on the stand they never caught the shooter and had to be satisfied with rounding up as many of the co-conspirators as they could. The shooter remains at large today.

Thats what really sucks.  If burglary was the only true motivation for this person doing what they did to this woman, then there are likely no natural suspects.  All the police can hope for is that there is someone out there that knows something about this and they come forward.  Someone had to have driven by  that house that night.  I drive that road all the time when I come home from work and the bar at all hours and I have never been on it and not seen anyone else.  I just hope that the scum bag left something that the crime scene folks can pick up on and run with.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I once had the 1919 mounted on its tripod in my bottom driveway for some pictures when the UPS guy showed up with a delivery of LOTS of ammo.  He said, "I bet you are waiting on this, huh?"  
Mark

Mark,
I have a trench coat you can hide that under that doesn't scream CCW.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#19]
That's awful. I know where I live, right outside I285, has built up a lot since I moved here about 15 years ago. With that has brought an increase in crime. I would never think anyone would be paranoid to carry at home, if anything they're being prepared. I've heard of a few people around these parts, living in good neighborhoods, that have been burglarized or even killed in a home invasion. I'd rather not take any chances, certainly wouldn't blame anyone else for doing so either.

Still can't believe the liberals and anti-gunners would rather see beaten/robbed/carjacked/raped/dead fellow citizens, as opposed to dead criminals. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather innocent lives be spared and criminals dead, not the other way around.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:17:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Still can't believe the liberals and anti-gunners would rather see beaten/robbed/carjacked/raped/dead fellow citizens, as opposed to dead criminals. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather innocent lives be spared and criminals dead, not the other way around.

My experience is that liberals, by definition, are folks lacking in logical reasoning skills.  Most never have a cogent thought.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Talking about home invasions, one of my good friends house got broken into yesterday during the evening when he was at college and parents at work. Busted the living room window and stole a whole bunch of sentimental items then just walked out the front door. He lives in fayetteville and theres only like 10 houses on his road so there were no witnesses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top