Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2006 8:00:44 AM EDT
Not sure why, but I've had a little jingly burning a hole in my trousers, and my last five attempts to pick something up that was exactly what I was looking for - I was too late....

One or two I can handle, but I think flames are about to bust out...

Which reminds me, I need a new pair of Fire boots, zip-up style, 8-10" and not made in China.  (Are they all made in China now?  I noticed even the Danners says China....)
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Which reminds me, I need a new pair of Fire boots, zip-up style, 8-10" and not made in China.  (Are they all made in China now?  I noticed even the Danners says China....)

I'm sure exactly what "fire" boots are, but have you looked at Whites? Made in Spokane.
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Well - It looks like my choices are between Rangers and Pro Warringtons but I'd almost have to go find a pair to see where they are made....
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you talking about duty boots, or bunker boots?...

My duty boots are Redwings, I have had three or four other brands and the redwings win hands down.

for wildland, I like my whites, but no on the zippers, they get all gummed up with ash and crap.l
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not sure why, but I've had a little jingly burning a hole in my trousers, and my last five attempts to pick something up that was exactly what I was looking for - I was too late....

One or two I can handle, but I think flames are about to bust out...

Ok, I'm assuming two thoughts here, one that you have been looking to buy something, two that you are ALSO looking for boots.

so I ask,
What are you looking to buy (First thought)?
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Duty/Station boots that will see the occassion grass fire...

I'm kinda liking the pull-ups instead of the zip-ups, but I really don't want a 14" bunker boot....
Link Posted: 9/28/2006 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh lets see - I missed a Savage 99 in .243 that was nearly mint, I missed a PP w/6 mags and an EG Makarov, a Swede w/target sights, a SSS, and then there's that case of ammo on Craig's but I heard it got a good home  .
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
the danner fireline boots seem to be good
Link Posted: 9/29/2006 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Not all of the Danners are made in china.
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Figures....

I guess I'll march down to the supply store at lunch and see what's what...
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2006 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I got my two existing pairs of Danners from their outlet in Portland as well....

When I went to the Sportsman's Warehouse last month, every Danner model they had on display was made in China...

Link Posted: 9/30/2006 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The Chinese made Danners are crap compared to the ones made in the US. I've been wearing Danners for twenty years now. The Chinese made boots have thin leather and soft soles that wear out quickly. IIRC, they are only 30-40 bucks cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I have had a few different brand fire boots.  Danner boots cost more, but they held up far superior to other brands I have had.  They are way more comfortable and can be sent to Danner to be refurnbished.  Danner zippers are more heavy duty that other brands in my experience.  Ask around, some guys have had the same pair of danners for over 10 years.  One of my friends has the same pair of Danners for over 5 years.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't feel too bad there mordecai....I have a valid FFL03 C&R licence...and I have not used it for more than a year
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've been to the danner factory, and have owned 6 pairs of them..... (NONE said anything about CHINA on them)

(WHAT Models are made in the PRC?)

Theres a couple.. forget the name, but I know of two styles that are made in China. Danner was bought out by Lacrosse and thats when the china crap boots started coming in. Charging $120 for a pair of boots not even worth $40. Portland, OR Danner's are still just great though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#16]
This has gotten unbearable.  I haven't bought a gun in 3 months...  There's something wrong with me.  What's the deal?  Why can't I find a deal or something that interests me?  Somebody hold me...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This has gotten unbearable.  I haven't bought a gun in 3 months...  There's something wrong with me.  What's the deal?  Why can't I find a deal or something that interests me?  Somebody hold me...

WAC is this weekend, you could buy a rifle with no known history by paying to much for a money pit that takes a thousand dollars to make work and still only have a 100$ gun after you get through.

You may laugh but I bet many of us here have done that once or twice.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I'll start looking at Mortars - Anyone know a DD dealer in Wa?  

Will the new secret pit take a few 60mm's?

Yes Strat, I have more than my fair share of Rescue Projects sitting in the safe.  I'm waiting for the day when I'm an old fart and can spend some time on them - by then they'll probably be Bubba Collectibles and I won't want to ruin their new value.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#20]
If you're looking for boots, go with White's. I used to work there and can vouch for their quality. They are also certified by the state firefighters association, or something like that. We had special meetings about it. Anyway, really good boots and made right here in Washington.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Maybe I'll start looking at Mortars - Anyone know a DD dealer in Wa?  

Will the new secret pit take a few 60mm's?

Yes Strat, I have more than my fair share of Rescue Projects sitting in the safe.  I'm waiting for the day when I'm an old fart and can spend some time on them - by then they'll probably be Bubba Collectibles and I won't want to ruin their new value.  LOL

Be careful, someone will give you a box of ammo and you'll be stuck building a rifle for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top