Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 5:16:57 PM EDT
Cruising the EE and I saw at least 2 A2 clone Preban Colts  for sub $900,  Seems to be that the market is dropping a little on the whole for A2 style rifles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, the recession is having people sell off the non-essentials, and only a few people out there can afford toys right now. Sellers are having to drop their prices in order to get stuff sold. Great buyers market if you can.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I was laughing last night at bolt action rifle asking prices on sniper's hide.  Seems people are still floating very high prices in hopes of getting a buyer at inflated prices.  I saw barrelled actions going for more than I have into my whole rifle with Obermeyer barrel and McM stock, and top of the line mounts..  Same thing on FALfiles for preban FALS and nicely built FALS.  $2k for a refinished mixed parts build FAL,....really?

Of course asking for a price and getting a price are two different things.  ETA- we have always had pie in the sky prices posted here too.  They just get unclicked as soon as I see the out of line price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Between the recession and buying fatigue from Obamanation panic, the firearm market is effectively saturated.  Pre-bans are not worth anything extra in free states, and ban staters aren't buying in quantity to support inflated "pre-ban" prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top