Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2010 5:20:41 AM EDT
Hive

I've got an old German drilling rifle that I'm trying to identify. The places that I've contacted online want me to ship it to them AND pay over $100.

Are there any reputable gun dealers in Atlanta that specialize in old world sporting guns?

Thanks

W
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hive

I've got an old German drilling rifle that I'm trying to identify. The places that I've contacted online want me to ship it to them AND pay over $100.

Are there any reputable gun dealers in Atlanta that specialize in old world sporting guns?

Thanks

W

$100.00 seems pretty fair for a written evaluation/appraisal if that's what you will receive. I know from experience as a dealer you can have a lot of time tied up in the research alone on an oddball weapon. If you are looking to sale the drilling the added value you would realise from the "expert" evaluation/appraisal should easily exceeded $100.00+ fee.

I'm sure there must some local dealer that can give you a verbal appraisal. Just call around until you find one.

TD

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Try Sullivan's Classic Arms in Cumming.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 for sullivans, he will usually give you a verbal ID and appraisal for free and old obscure guns are his speciality. IM me for his store number if you want.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Newnan and rarely make it above the north side. I would like to find someplace closer to Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Top Gun used to be in the Lilburn area but he's moved.  Tom, had all kinds of cool FUDD toys.
Just googled I found him here.
Again north of ATL but thats all I got.

7mm
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I assume you probably already have but have you already posted detailed pix on here somewhere?  

With the wealth of knowledge on this board I would think someone might be able to identify it.

Another good resource (they have a QA section) might be on Doublegun.

http://www.doublegunshop.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top