Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2012 6:05:35 AM EDT
The victim in this case was an intern at the company I work for...a really nice kid.

Be careful when in the city @ night:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/05/11-arrested-after-4th-of-july-mob-attack-at-dearborn-and-huron/
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm surprised as hell that it made it to the news.

Don't want the people with money to know what is actually going on.

It's been spreading progressively out of the ghetto.

I do love the reporting "Beaten by a group of juveniles"  The media needs to grow a pair and start ACTUALLY reporting.  Lets hear the race of said juveniles.  Can't do that though.  According to the Police Superintendent, it's the Pilgrims fault.  

For an enlightening look:

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

Read the comments.  Probably the biggest city cop blog.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad crime is illegal and that all we need are keys, a pointy comb and a tongue depressor for women. I haven't stepped foot in that sink hole in over 10 years now and am very glad about that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm surprised as hell that it made it to the news.

Don't want the people with money to know what is actually going on.

It's been spreading progressively out of the ghetto.

I do love the reporting "Beaten by a group of juveniles"  The media needs to grow a pair and start ACTUALLY reporting.  Lets hear the race of said juveniles.  Can't do that though.  According to the Police Superintendent, it's the Pilgrims fault.  

For an enlightening look:

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

Read the comments.  Probably the biggest city cop blog.

yes. this is a good sorce of information
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Just keep your eyes open for any groups of more than 2 minority teens and run away.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just keep your eyes open for any groups of more than 2 minority teens and run away.

Run away? And live life in fear? I think not.

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can shoot them if you prefer. I would prefer not to have any altercation as the only time im in chicago is with my family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That joke isn't very funny.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can shoot them if you prefer. I would prefer not to have any altercation as the only time im in chicago is with my family.

It's not about shooting them (although that's not a bad idea!), it's about having to deviate from your normal activities based on the fear of something happening. No one (while reasonably exercising their inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) should have to yield any ground to scumbags whose sole intent is on fucking up your good time.

Of course there are X factors for every situation which have to be taken into account before one can assess the surroundings accordingly. From a general standpoint though (regarding the type of situation we're both referring to), I'd rather fight than throw in the towel prematurely.  

If you're steering clear of every group of minority teens of two or more (while downtown), your environment will resemble that of a pinball machine!

Link Posted: 7/7/2012 3:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That joke isn't very funny.

I wasnt joking. Now we really do need to profile the groups of people. I of course know that not all of these people have ill intentions but the fact does remain that the perps are minorities.  This is essentially the city of chicagos fault. They cant educate any child or try and change a childs path in life. The parents are nonexistent as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top