Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:42:12 AM EDT
I'm taking my boy out for his first time dove hunting soon.   I haven't been dove hunting in over 25 years and so I'm at a loss as to where to go.   I want to make sure that we find a good area so that he can get some Dove on his first hunt.

Does the area up around the dam at queen creek get pretty crowded??

Any other areas that aren't wall to wall people??
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagggity tag tag tag!  I need some new spots, too.  Want to make it an outing together?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, my membership hasn't kicked in yet, so I just wasted a tag!  LOL, I am itching to use it.  Oh well, I'd still like to go together.  My daughter is now 14, and I'd like her to experience a Dove hunt, too.

Hey, GoatBoy...

Get off yer ass and get my membership started, you slacker!  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn, my membership hasn't kicked in yet, so I just wasted a tag!  LOL, I am itching to use it.  Oh well, I'd still like to go together.  My daughter is now 14, and I'd like her to experience a Dove hunt, too.

Hey, GoatBoy...

Get off yer ass and get my membership started, you slacker!  

Dammit did you stop taking your meds again???

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Meds?  We no need no tinkin meds!

OK, maybe I do?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Far far away from Phoenix.

We used to hunt up around lake pleasent and some of the canals in that area.  After two miserable years, I hung it up.   Unless you get away from the teaming masses from the city, the dumbass factor is really way too high these days.  

I grew up hunting in ND where you could go all day without seeing other hunters.   Here you get stupid idgits who setup 150 feet away from you and pan there guns right past you as they blast away.  (My buddy had to have 3 pellets dug out of his back last year.  We couldn't figure out who shot him, because there were 3 other groups that had setup after us in range.)   The last trip was the worst.  On a very narrow access road with only room for one vehicle, the way was blocked by a GOD DAMNED LOWRIDER up to it's frame in sand.  Some goofball took a car with a 4" clearance offroad.  We finally had to pull him out with my buddies Pinz.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
That is exactly what I want to avoid.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Buenos Aries Preserve is supposed to be pretty good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top