Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/4/2006 7:40:57 PM EDT
Well..... I know about hunting rifles and the like :P Starting to learn about the guns you guys use here and such but one thing that I want to get sooner than an AK (oh how I love it) is a semi auto shotgun!

I see talk of shotugns here some so I figure this would be a better place to ask than some employee in a store who may not have any idea.

Just looking for suggestions on specific semi auto shotguns (from there I can go read up on the individual ones and such)

Thanks in advance for input! :)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:53:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:50:00 PM EDT
I would check out Benelli and Remington first...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:23:38 PM EDT
I'm shooting a slightly modified Remington 1100. I really enjoy the lighter recoil of the semi scatterguns.
Bought it at a gun show from Keiths for $300.
Replace the pistol grip stock with a Remington OEM synthetic. Added a front HiViz site, Dave's feed ramp, Wilson +2, Choate tactical handle, 6 round side saddle and Vangcomp big button safety.

The 11-87 is another step up from the 1100 and I guess you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 10:47:55 PM EDT by NoAim]
How about an AK that is a shotgun?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:04:51 PM EDT
Get a saiga, Best zombie gun. Period.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:10:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Conju:

Saiga all the way :)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:28:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -RotorDemon-:

Saiga all the way :)

+3 the Saigas are some of the best semi shotguns i feel.. with the ability to have a standard AK type magazine for them reloading is super quick..

but the real question is What purpose do you want it for? 3 Gun, Trap, Sporting Clays, HD, Cool looking blaster, Little bit of all??

the other cool thing about them is about mid this year there will be 10 round magazines for them for only about $40. hell of alot cheaper then the Russian 8rd'ers that are selling for upwords of $200

Jess
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:29:35 PM EDT

Only if the Beta company would make a mag for it...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:01:40 AM EDT
You heard about the zombies coming back too and us all having to defend ourselves? :P

Combat style, mainly just for fun and blowing stuff up! I dont hunt birds, already have about 4 shotguns for that but nothing semi auto. (The rest for clays and the occasional squirrel trip)

Will check out benelli Remington and Saiga!

Which of those brands would be the easyiest to find aftermarket stuff for?

Thanks all for input :) Reading up on em now!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:28:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KeptKirk:
You heard about the zombies coming back too and us all having to defend ourselves? :P

Combat style, mainly just for fun and blowing stuff up! I dont hunt birds, already have about 4 shotguns for that but nothing semi auto. (The rest for clays and the occasional squirrel trip)

Will check out benelli Remington and Saiga!

Which of those brands would be the easyiest to find aftermarket stuff for?

Thanks all for input :) Reading up on em now!

ohh god thats aucully a loaded question.. as far as just plan drop in/on stuff the remmington hands down would be the easyiest to find stuff for.. Speedfeed makes killer stocks, KNOXX makes killer recoil reducing stocks, you can use mag extensons off an 870 and then theres the coke tubes..

the Benellis are nice shotguns.. i dont *think* they have the kind of accessiores you can get for a remmington but they really dont need them.. you can pick stuff up for them though but they tend to be on the spendy side..

the Saiga 12s in stock form have a monti carlo stock on them.. they had to be sporterized for importation. and doing a pistol grip converson to them requires some gunsmithing knowledge *all open sorce on the net* they do have some 'bolt ons' but alot of the serious mods need gun smithing.. *IE putting a normal AK handguard on it*..

but any of thouse choices are good and sound.. out of the list i would personally go with the saiga as i dont have a problem tinkering with it and doing my own gun smithing.

Jess
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:15:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 2:16:07 AM EDT by scrybe]

Originally Posted By NoAim:
How about an AK that is a shotgun?

img471.imageshack.us/img471/4974/saiga12s1oi.jpg

Is that a 2x4 recoil pad on the second from right?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:19:05 PM EDT
Looks to be I will be going with a Saiga!
(Good price, good availability)
Thanks for everyones input!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:51:17 PM EDT
Are the Saiga 12's available agian?

If it was for mainly hunting purposes, I'd also look into a Browning. They make some of the nicest Semi-auto shotguns around.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:44:52 PM EDT
I dunno if they are still in production but I see em on gunbroker occasionally (one for sale yesterday, mostly .410s tho) Hopfully they are still selling them, id hate to see a price increase :P

Ahh this will be just for fun :) I dont think itll ever be pointed at anything living in its career! I do like browning tho :P Good thing the purchase is at the end of the month! Gotta give them a check also.

Top Top