Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
This story has nothing to do with the type of weapon he used.  The gun is legal.  He fired shots....that's the problem.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:29:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Screw NY. I wish he would killed some of these pricks, woulda made the world a better place.

Can't believe someone has the nerve to charge him with a crime. They need Castle Doctrine in the worst way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A large wood chipper and many gallons of bleach.  That's all I have to say about that.

Breaking Bad showed us a better way - hydrofluoric acid and a large NPDE bucket, turns a human into a strawberry slushie.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Screw NY. I wish he would killed some of these pricks, woulda made the world a better place.

Can't believe someone has the nerve to charge him with a crime. They need Castle Doctrine in the worst way.

I agree.  If that had been my house, there would have been a bunch of dead gang bangers and not holes in the yard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  If that had been my house, there would have been a bunch of dead gang bangers and not holes in the yard.

I would have calmly returned to the house, gotten my rifle, called the police, and then aired out the first banger that tried to make entry into my home.

While I don't see a single problem with what he did I can see how this will play out in court, he will be accused of being the aggressor and escalating the situation by bringing the rifle into play. Most likely he will get the charges reduced (atleast I hope he does), but I doubt that NYC area courts will let him get off without a slap on the wrist (and in the face for the rest of us)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
This is why when I teach CCW classes, I tell people not to fire warning shots, EVER.  There is no legal justification for firing a warning shot, your life is either threatened and you need to start smoking bad guys, or your life is not threatened and you need to hold your fire.  Even in Missouri this man could have faced a charge.  You never want to be in front of a jury explaining that you thought you were justified in firing off multiple shots with a centerfire rifle, but not justified enough to actually aim that rifle at any particular person.

He would have been better off, legally as well as literally, spending those rounds to drop the guy in the front of the pack with a mozambique, and anyone else who took a step forward thereafter.  Castle doctrine or no castle doctrine, if you reasonably feel your life is in danger from multiple armed adversaries, it doesn't matter where you are, its a good shoot.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is why when I teach CCW classes, I tell people not to fire warning shots, EVER.  There is no legal justification for firing a warning shot, your life is either threatened and you need to start smoking bad guys, or your life is not threatened and you need to hold your fire.  Even in Missouri this man could have faced a charge.  You never want to be in front of a jury explaining that you thought you were justified in firing off multiple shots with a centerfire rifle, but not justified enough to actually aim that rifle at any particular person.

He would have been better off, legally as well as literally, spending those rounds to drop the guy in the front of the pack with a mozambique, and anyone else who took a step forward thereafter.  Castle doctrine or no castle doctrine, if you reasonably feel your life is in danger from multiple armed adversaries, it doesn't matter where you are, its a good shoot.

And in Missouri, get charged, plead guilty, and pay the fine for littering...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. If that had been my house, there would have been a bunch of dead gang bangers and not holes in the yard.

I would have calmly returned to the house, gotten my rifle, called the police, and then aired out the first banger that tried to make entry into my home.

While I don't see a single problem with what he did I can see how this will play out in court, he will be accused of being the aggressor and escalating the situation by bringing the rifle into play. Most likely he will get the charges reduced (atleast I hope he does), but I doubt that NYC area courts will let him get off without a slap on the wrist (and in the face for the rest of us)

I would have calmly returned to the house, locked the doors, got my rifle, called the police, and then aired out the first (and any) Banger(s) that tried to make entry into my home...

Hopefully, the jurry would side with me..

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

THIS!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is why when I teach CCW classes, I tell people not to fire warning shots, EVER. There is no legal justification for firing a warning shot, your life is either threatened and you need to start smoking bad guys, or your life is not threatened and you need to hold your fire. Even in Missouri this man could have faced a charge. You never want to be in front of a jury explaining that you thought you were justified in firing off multiple shots with a centerfire rifle, but not justified enough to actually aim that rifle at any particular person.

He would have been better off, legally as well as literally, spending those rounds to drop the guy in the front of the pack with a mozambique, and anyone else who took a step forward thereafter. Castle doctrine or no castle doctrine, if you reasonably feel your life is in danger from multiple armed adversaries, it doesn't matter where you are, its a good shoot.

THIS!

Agrreed...  This was covered in my CCW class as well... (as I guess it should be in all, but you would be supprised at the classes just pumping the folks out)

I really enjoyed my CCW class...  I really did not know what to expect from it and I got a lot more out of it than I thought I would...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top