Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2003 4:22:27 AM EDT
I hear a lot of trash talk about how everything is bigger and better in Texas... but guess what folks, I'm not seeing it.  Home of Gunstock and promises of 300 Texans... I don't think we have 150 people registered in total and I can fairly well say probably 10% of our registrants are coming all the way from the People's Republic of New York.

So, if you're a Texan and you ain't registered for Gunstock... well get your pansy, high heeled boot wearin, cattle rumpin butts to the Gunstock website and register... that is if you are man enough to do it.

And if readin this makes you want to kick my yankee ass, well y'all will just have to show up to Gunstock to do it... But I reckin ya have to register first you yellow-bellied varmints.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Thanks HR.  That's a good way to rile Texans up.  For you saying this, I owe you a beer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Fear the camera  HiramRanger.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fear the camera  HiramRanger.

Fear Cosa Nostra
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
HiramRanger, I've been there enough times to know they don't give a chit about Yankees.

Wana get 'em buzzing? Threaten to become a Damn-Yankee!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#5]
X 300!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HiramRanger, I've been there enough times to know they don't give a chit about Yankees.

!

half the people living down here are Yankees.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hear a lot of trash talk about how everything is bigger and better in Texas... but guess what folks, I'm not seeing it.  Home of Gunstock and promises of 300 Texans... I don't think we have 150 people registered in total and I can fairly well say probably 10% of our registrants are coming all the way from the People's Republic of New York.

So, if you're a Texan and you ain't registered for Gunstock... well get your pansy, high heeled boot wearin, cattle rumpin butts to the Gunstock website and register... that is if you are man enough to do it.

And if readin this makes you want to kick my yankee ass, well y'all will just have to show up to Gunstock to do it... But I reckin ya have to register first you yellow-bellied varmints.

You should use words with fewer syllables.  Texans can't read very well you know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#8]

walttx:
half the people living down here are Yankees.

Exactly.

A Damn-Yankee is a Yankee who comes to visit... permanently!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#10]

BTW, that's a great avatar, walttx!

Very... ("We don't RENT PIGS!") Texan.

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm imagining not many Texans can read since there is little response to HR post. It figures kinda like the Alamo
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
It seems most Texans respond only to threads that display key words they understand, like "sheep" and "moonshine" and "Ross Perot."
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#13]

FWIW, I spoke to several of the 'hardcore texas Crew members' today at the gunshow.  Some are waiting for the day of Gunstock to pay in cash, others cited problems with the credit card system.

I think you will see many more faces there than what the pre-registration shows.

TRG

TRG
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
FWIW, I spoke to several of the 'hardcore texas Crew members' today at the gunshow.  Some are waiting for the day of Gunstock to pay in cash, others cited problems with the credit card system.

Yeah - there's no point really in pre-registering. I can just drive up on Saturday and pay at the gate. I think there'll be plenty of people.

If there's too many people, we'll just hafta make use of the law that Yankees can be shoved back to the end of the line if a card=carrying Texan wants to participate in an activity.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#16]

zhukov:
 Yankees can be shoved back to the end of the line if a card=carrying Texan wants to participate in an activity.

Is it really true that a green-card out-ranks the card a card-carrying Texan carries?

Is it really so HOT in Texas that the birds have to use pot holders to pull worms out of the ground, farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs, the cows are giving evaporated milk, the trees are whistling for the dogs, a sad Texan once prayed, "I wish it would rain - not so much for me, 'cuz I've seen it - but for my 7-year old.", you no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water, you eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off, you can make instant sun tea, you learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron, the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly, you discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car, you discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window, you notice that the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance, hot water now comes out of both taps, it's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is out on the streets, you actually burn your hand opening the car door, you break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work, no one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car, your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and get cooked to death?", and you realize that asphalt has a liquid state
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#18]

wow, that's some hot stuff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Humm..HR we might have to rethink this..wtf are we going to do with 300+ Texans after the ass kick'n?

well, 150 can help control your bleeding and the other 150 can look for your teeth?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#20]

TexRdnec:

Humm..HR we might have to rethink this..wtf are we going to do with 300+ Texans after the ass kick'n?

well, 150 can help control your bleeding and the other 150 can look for your teeth?  

There's a shortage of teeth in Texas ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
..it's not that hot in Oct...is it?

You're in luck. The record high for those dates is only 97F/36C, so things are definitely cooling down.

Yes, it's definitely hot in Texas, but I'm glad I don't live in Phoenix.

October is fairly schizophrenic. It could still get pretty hot (as you can tell by the 97 record high), or it might be pretty darn cold (warm and pleasant for you Canucks). You might have beautiful blue skies or severe thunderstorms. Maybe a leftover tropical system. Who knows. You'll find out a day or so before you get here....
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I am looking forward to it no matter how many show up.

You guys need to just remember one thing if you
are camping out. Sleep on your back! TRG sleep walks,
thats what he tells us anyway. I hit him over the head
with a club last time at the Hun farm when he
got to close to my tent.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well I am looking forward to it no matter how many show up.

You guys need to just remember one thing if you
are camping out. Sleep on your back! TRG sleep walks,
thats what he tells us anyway. I hit him over the head
with a club last time at the Hun farm when he
got to close to my tent.

ROTFLMAO..........
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#24]
There is something you guys don’t understand about us Texas boys.  For every one Texan who registers he will bring as many folks as he can, they will pile into a pickup truck and head for the show.  All he has to say is I'm goin shooten, and there will be a line of people wanting a ride.  So don't be surprised when you get there and are met by a large grope of the proudest, friendliest, guntoten people that will welcome you to our home state with open arms.  Just don't stay too long!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#25]
When you're from Texas people that you meet ask you questions like, "Do you have any cows?" It's nice to be able to say yes.  They ask you, "Do you have horses?" Yup.  Bet you got a bunch of guns, eh?  Of course.  They all want to know if you've been to Southfork.  They watched Dallas.  Have you ever looked at a map of the world?  Heck yes you have.  Look at Texas for me just for a second.  That picture, with the Panhandle and the Gulf Coast, and the Red River and the Rio Grande is as much a part of you as anything ever will be.  As soon as anyone anywhere in the world looks at it they know what it is.  It's Texas.  Pick any kid off the street in Japan and draw him a picture of Texas in the dirt, and he'll know what it is.  What happens if I show you a picture of any other state?  You'll get it maybe after a second, but who else in the world would?!  Even if you do, does it ever stir any feelings in you?' In every man, woman and child on this little rock the Good Lord put us on, there is somewhere in them a person who wishes just once he could be a real live Texan and get up on a horse or ride in a pickup or dance at a dancehall.  Did you ever hear anyone in a bar go, "Wow...so you're from Kansas...  Cool. Tell me about it"?  There is some bit of Texas in everyone.  Do you know why?  Because Texas is Texas.  Texas is the Alamo.  Texas is 183 men standing in a church, facing thousands of Mexican nationals, fighting for freedom, who had the chance to walk out and save themselves, but stayed.  We send our kids to schools named William B.  Travis and Bowie and do you know why?  Because those men saw a line in the sand and they decided to be heroes.  John Wayne paid to do the movie himself.  That is Texas.  Texas is Sam Houston capturing Santa Anna at San Jacinto.  Texas is Juneteenth and Texas Independence Day.  Texas is huge forests of Piney Woods like the Davy Crockett National Forest.  Texas is breathtaking mountains in Big Bend.  Texas is shiny skyscrapers in Houston and Dallas.  Texas is the uniqueness of Austin.  Texas is a world record bass from places like Lake Fork.  Texas is the best colleges around.  From Houston to Lubbock and everywhere in between.  Texas is Mexican food like nowhere in the world,.....even Mexico.  Texas is Lone Star beer and Shiner Bock.  Texas is larger-than-life legends like Willie Nelson and Buddy Holly, Earl Campbell and Nolan Ryan, Denton Cooley and Michael DeBakey, Lyndon Johnson and George Bush.  Texas is great companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer and Compaq.  Texas is huge herds of cattle and miles of crops.  Texas is skies blackened with doves and leases full of deer.  Texas is the best Barbecue anywhere.  Period.  Texas is the nicest people you'll ever meet.  Anywhere.  Not to mention, the prettiest girls.  Texas is a place where cities shut down for the Cowboys on Monday Night Football and the streets are deserted during church.  Texas is the best music, with the best musicians in the world.  Texas is beaches, deserts, lakes and rivers, mountains and prairies.  If it isn't in Texas, you don't need it.  No one does anything bigger or better.  By federal law Texas is the only state in the U.S.  that can fly its flag at the same height as the U.S.  flag.  Think about that for a second.  You fly the Stars and Stripes at 20 feet in Maryland, or California, or Maine, and your state flag, whatever it is, goes at 17.  You fly the Stars and Stripes in front of Pine Tree High in Longview,TX or any other school in this great state, at 20 feet, the Lone Star flies at 20 feet.  Do you know why?  Because we place being a Texan as high as being an American  down here.  Our capitol is the only one in the country that is taller than the capitol building in D.C.  We signed those in as part of the deal when we came into this great union.  That's the best part right there.  When we came in, Texas was its own country.  The Republic of Texas.  Aren't you proud to be a Texan?  You should be.  If you are not a Texan.....don't you wish you were?                                        

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]
How can you tell is one AR shooter is from Texas and one isn’t?

A. The one from Texas spends as much time polishing his/her belt buckle as they do cleaning their rifles.
B. The one from Texas has a belt buckle almost as large as a 40 round magazine.
C.  The Texan is immune to Chigger bites.

As I was stationed in Texas for almost three years, I know a bit about their buckles and their State Bird.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:48:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Fear Cosa Nostra

They'll get you AND your little dog Toto!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#30]

1GUNRUNNER:
Hell, I was there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top