Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 8:23:58 AM EDT
Don Hill lock and safe screwed up my Benchmade AFCK so bad its useless.
They advertised "knife sharpening" as a service. When I got my knife back, it no longer had any tip, and it was duller than when I gave it to him. It can't be repaired because there isn't enough metal left!  The edge has been totally re-ground to a different angle and much metal has been removed.
I refused to pay him for the service.
I now own a BM AFCK that has a round tip...much like a butter knife.
No website, but here is buisness profile:

yellowpages.superpages.com/profile.jsp?LID=0005979300
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
how tha heck can that happen?  i guess i mean how can you remove that much metal and not think it shows or matters?
i assume the knife wasn't badly damaged when you took it in.  no explanation from them?

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how tha heck can that happen?  i guess i mean how can you remove that much metal and not think it shows or matters?
i assume the knife wasn't badly damaged when you took it in.  no explanation from them?

The knife blade was not damaged in any way when it was given to him.
He used a BELT SANDER to sharpen it! Un-fucking believable. I'm still really pissed.
Called the nice folks in Beaverton and they said $50 gets a new blade installed.
I'm going to get the blade replaced, then take the old one and stick it in that sum-na-bitches beltsanding ass!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top