Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 4:43:35 PM EDT
Looks like we may need them down south when the Aztlan Intifada breaks out

Today's demonstrations against the Immigration Reform Bill was just the beginning...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
darker original colors are probably better in a generalized  urban environment.  Although I would likely follow the Navy and Air Force conventions and go to lightish greys as they blend in better with more sky contitions minimizing the chances of silhouetting while extending beyond roof tops.  Probably better against concrete or  similar building backgrounds.  Not that I've ever thought about urban situations.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
coyote is a great all around color.
just get it thru one of cavarms dealers.. they now make A2 pistol grips in coyote too!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The middle and far right are the new Foliage Green. Far left is Flat Dark Earth (Coyote).

The Foliage Green looks like a good Urban color. Just like WW2 Greman "Feldgrau".

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are really good cammo jobs, Paul. The Mini-14 just about disappears. The M-14 is more obvious because of the longer Black barrel...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Paul, what set-up are you using to mount the Aimpoint to your Mini? I have seen the Ultimak before but I haven't seen a mount  that looks like the standard handguard before. Did you just modify a standard handguard with one on the aftermarket bolt on rails that I have seen at the gunshows?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I hear you Paul! A cammo stock on an M-14, yes, but the barrel? Sacrelige...for my M-14 I'm going Alumahyde Coyote on the synthetic stock, but the metal parts of the rifle stay Black.

Off topic but this pic scares the crap out of me

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hear you Paul! A cammo stock on an M-14, yes, but the barrel? Sacrelige...for my M-14 I'm going Alumahyde Coyote on the synthetic stock, but the metal parts of the rifle stay Black.

WOW. What's the back story to that? A kaboom I would assume, but damn talk about basically holding a hand grenade. You wouldn't happen to know if it was surplus, a hot self load, random act of God, etc? I've never even heard of an M14 failing like that, so I would love to hear anything you know about it.

Personally I've always liked the darker green stocks for a non-black AR, but for the AK series I prefer the tan over the green. Here was something I put together with MS Paint and some Tapco pictures (note small things like a lack of trigger to let you know it isn't real, so don't bitch to me about it). Althought I must say, I would rather have the German folder than the Tapco folder, but that is something I will look into when it's time.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/bytor94/M-1AKa-Boombadammo.jpg

HOLY SHIT BOSS!

Paul, you could lay some kind of wrapping over the barrel and paint it couldn't you?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know the back story on the M-14 KB. I got it from a thread posted today in GD about an AR KB.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#13]
M-4 Coyote Brown

As you can see, not everything Coyote Brown is Coyote Brown. The Strap and rail covers are more reddish and the "Coyote" Alumi-hyde paint is more Yellowish. The difference doesn't look that drasitic to the naked eye though. The stock, grip and foregrip came as a set so they were very close in color.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#16]
You found your two year old receipt like that? I have trouble finding my two day old receipt.

I have to admit that I was very biased towards the Mini-14 because of all the bad things said; then I saw yours at the first BC shoot I went to, and I shot Rapidfire's (I believe) at another one and I must admit the whole thing is BS about them being bad guns. I guess if you want a sub MOA taget gun for <300 yards then the Mini-14 won't do it for you, but as an "assaulting weapon" (just to piss off the law makers) it would do just fine. So you hit an inch off dead center, you still hit two vitals in center mass.

Am I the only one who likes the white/black combo, where all the steel is blued black and all the synthetics are painted white with the aluminum being anodzied white? I love the looks of those 'arctic' guns.

ETA: Here's a picture, though it would look better with the buttstock, and possibly pistol grip, being white to match.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:26:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have to admit that I was very biased towards the Mini-14 because of all the bad things said; then I saw yours at the first BC shoot I went to, and I shot Rapidfire's (I believe) at another one and I must admit the whole thing is BS about them being bad guns. I guess if you want a sub MOA taget gun for <300 yards then the Mini-14 won't do it for you, but as an "assaulting weapon" (just to piss off the law makers) it would do just fine. So you hit an inch off dead center, you still hit two vitals in center mass.

There's nothing wrong with the Mini-14, especially for the money.

It's not a varminter, that's for sure.  But today we see all these people putting red dot optics on their rifles (Aimpoints, EOTechs, ACOGs, etc).  Well, with multi-MOA scout optics the Mini-14 will shoot as well as any AR-15, for half the price (maybe a third of the price in some cases).

If someone is looking for a varminter or target rifle, I can see him bitching about the Mini-14.  But when I see a guy with an AR-15 with a 2 MOA Aimpoint moan about the Mini-14's accuracy, I know he's blowing smoke.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top