Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 6/22/2011 7:50:12 PM EDT
I have a business opportunity to go into a partnership. The documents have been drafted. They are ridiculously one sided.

I need advice. I am SO frustrated/scared to do the wrong thing. And don't want to get raped if I do this. And my gut is telling me not to.

Help me please.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:33:53 AM EDT
PM Sent.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:40:55 AM EDT
Got it! Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 6:30:46 AM EDT
sometimes you dont need an attorney to advise you if your gut tells you its not a good deal...
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:12:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By par0thead151:

sometimes you dont need an attorney to advise you if your gut tells you its not a good deal...

My written response to my future partner was "this is too slanted to the majority owner, I am afraid I can't in good judgement sign this contract as it stands, I'm sorry.".

We just talked on the phone, he understands and is willing to pay to have the contract re-drafted to our mutual liking.

Follow your gut. It never ever lies.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:42:16 AM EDT
Yeah, make sure it benefits both of you to your liking, and that it addresses the "D's". What happens if there is Divorce, Disinterest, Drugs, Death,  etc. Would you want to be business partners with your partners ex?
Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:19:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rcav8r:

Yeah, make sure it benefits both of you to your liking, and that it addresses the "D's". What happens if there is Divorce, Disinterest, Drugs, Death,  etc. Would you want to be business partners with your partners ex?

All those were addressed. EVERYTHING reverted back to him. Pass.

He is redrafting.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 5:48:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Unique1:

Originally Posted By rcav8r:

All those were addressed. EVERYTHING reverted back to him. Pass.

He is redrafting.

Pull out.
Top Top