Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:37:54 PM EDT
I recall one of the arguments being made by the State was that Hamden could have been carrying a weapon openly and been legal, thus he should not have been carrying concealed. There was some mention about a shotgun being carried down State Street, I believe, and how that would also technically be legal.

I need to find a copy of this transcript to include in my personal files.

-Anthony
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:05:56 AM EDT
Check with the state law library for the transcripts of the orals thats the only place I know to get it.

Also you won't be ok in Madsion wiht open carry. I've been told it's arrest and charge for DC as policy by a madison cop.

Remember it's only technicly legal because there is no law against it, ther eis also no law that makes it legal so they can get you for DC. If there was a law that made open carry legal then they couldn't get you for DC.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:28:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:
Check with the state law library for the transcripts of the orals thats the only place I know to get it.

Also you won't be ok in Madsion wiht open carry. I've been told it's arrest and charge for DC as policy by a madison cop.

Remember it's only technicly legal because there is no law against it, ther eis also no law that makes it legal so they can get you for DC. If there was a law that made open carry legal then they couldn't get you for DC.

State Law Library... I'll see if I can find it. Thanks.

I realize the issues with open carry in Madison. I have plans developing however, and will make them public as soon as I get some of the details ironed out.

Does anyone else know of an official transcript of the Hamden oral arguments?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:37:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 7:38:53 AM EDT by Muad_Dib]
FYI for anyone interested in listening to the orals I'm looking for:

Link to Hamden & Cole oral arguments.
Top Top