Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 4:42:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as that particular model I can't say, but I prefer single stack 1911's to the double stack. the Para's just don't feel right to me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
friend of has just got one, he a collector of 1911's pistols and has over 300 , if he got one they must be one of the better 1911's. He said it made with very good steel and shoots where you point it. So it's most likely a real good 1911 to buy.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
just get a glock

I don't get all the hype.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
We sold very few of them when I worked at the hardware store. Seems like every one I got had to be marked down to near cost just to move it. I don't remember anybody having any trouble though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they are popular in some competition circles.  I know mags are kinda pricey.

What are you planning to use it for?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If you stay far far away from the LDA trigger... Para's are fine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have one of the Covert BLK Nite-TAC SS, with the LDA trigger and I love it. I carry it when I am not carrying the micro compact from springfield. But the gun is worth the money, weight is great, and the one thing I have enjoyed is there customer service. So if you live in the Savannah area let me know and you could pull on it a few times
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
 The first pistol I ever bought, the day I turned 21, was a Para P13 Limited.  That was over nine years ago, and it is still my regular off-duty carry pistol.  The gun shoots and handles like a dream.  I love mine, and have traveled many a mile with it on my right hip.  The only gripe I have ever had about the pistol is the sub-par adjustable rear sight, which I understand was improved by Para in the years after I bought mine.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You can say that again!

The LDA trigger can be downright dangerous. In some cases, it can land you in jail.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't care for any of the newer Paras with the series 80 safeties and PXT extractors. The newer ones use cheap MIM parts that DO break easily and the metallurgy is sub par. The older Paras....pre series 80 and pre PXT were pretty solid guns. And the LDAs are just plain scary. I've seen a few scary mishaps with those before......and it was not shooter induced.

I really like Springfield Armory 1911's......namely the TRP. Great out of the box pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top