Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 12:53:06 PM EDT
Has any one heard of Yidliz Shotguns?

I need an Over & Under for Sporting Clays, and seen this one at Academy.
The price is around $385. Thats way better than $1200 for the other big name brands

Here is the link: www.yildizshotgun.com
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
hearing good things about stoegers...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
hearing good things about stoegers...

I am either getting a Ruger Red Label all weather, or a Stoeger....the Stoeger looks like a great deal, and what can go wrong with a simple shotgun?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I know one of the buyers and they are suppose to be a decent gun.  I thought about one since I am just getting into shooting "that type of gun"
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Get One!
I got one before Christmas and it's an absolute sweetheart! Nice work, good wood, Briley-backed warranty,etc, etc...
Go to shotgunworld.com and check-out the Yildiz forum...
Oilfieldtrash, over-and-out...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at academy the other day and over heard one of the sales guys say "they make this gun just for academy "  I don't know if this id BS or not .... but he said  " They are the best bang for the buck, pun intended"

Take it as you will

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was at academy the other day and over heard one of the sales guys say "they make this gun just for academy "  I don't know if this id BS or not .... but he said  " They are the best bang for the buck, pun intended"

Take it as you will

Invisiblesoul

No its true, I belive it even says it on the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 20ga. that I got in August of last year. It's a great value, much better than the EAA/Baikal/Remington Spartan that's price close to it.

It's light, but has titanium inserts in the breach. Selective trigger, no auto safety, 5 chokes( and briley offers more for about $15 a pop)

I have about 1000 rounds through mine, and I have not had a problem. I had the Baikal before, and this is better wood to metal fit, nicer wood, better metal work, and balance.

The recoil pad is a joke, so the 12ga. kicks pretty good. The 20 isn't bad, but be sure to pull it in tight to your shoulder. There are off the shelf recoil pads that fit, but many add to the length of pull. Have a smith install a pad and cut the stock to fit you.

If you're in the Fort Worth area, you can try it. I shoot clays at Alpine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Just curious, do they have selective ejectors; i.e. if you only fire one chamber, does only one ejector activate?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:59:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just curious, do they have selective ejectors; i.e. if you only fire one chamber, does only one ejector activate?

You can select the barrel you want to fire.

That seems to be the difference between the Mid priced guns and the High-end guns
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I read on their website that the Yildiz have a single selective trigger, but do they have selective ejectors as well?

For example on higher end models like Citori's for example, if you shoot both barrels, both shells are ejected when the breech is opened; if you only shoot one barrel, only that shell is ejected.  If you open the breech without pulling the trigger, neither shell is ejected.

Again, just curious.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I read on their website that the Yildiz have a single selective trigger, but do they have selective ejectors as well?

For example on higher end models like Citori's for example, if you shoot both barrels, both shells are ejected when the breech is opened; if you only shoot one barrel, only that shell is ejected.  If you open the breech without pulling the trigger, neither shell is ejected.

Again, just curious.

Oh, I don't know about that. But I think for an entry level gun, that price aint to bad.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#12]
It does have selective ejectors.

Load two, fire one, and when you unlock the action, only the fired shell ejects..(about 10 behind your head!)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Just went to ASC and shot the Red Course. The gun ain't to bad.

If you fire one round than that one only ejects.
If you shoot twice than both eject.
How ever the one I shot did not let you select what barrel you want.

It is very light, so the kick is a little more than normal.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top