Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 6:14:34 AM EDT
Pretty sure they do, as I think I read it somewhere, but just wanted to make sure. I'll be there this weekend for work, and want to make sure I can bring some company.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Pretty sure they do, as I think I read it somewhere, but just wanted to make sure. I'll be there this weekend for work, and want to make sure I can bring some company.

thanks

Vermont does not require a permit to carry.

Anyone can carry open or concealed in VT.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
thats super. I think that means i might be packingt he fullsize USP and not the mini-glock
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
when I went on my new england road trip I really wanted to take my gun to open carry in VT just because I could, but I was also going to commietuschetts (hey, the Springfield Armory museum is there) and I wasn't sure of NH and Maine's laws
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#4]
There are two states that do not require any type of CCW license for either a resident or a non-resident.  They are Alaska and Vermont.  I believe there are eight other states that recognize a NY CC pistol permit.  Of course NY does not honor any other states permit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Packing.org NY Page

UpstateNYer
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
VT has had the lowest crime rate in the country for several years now. Shows you how effective those gun laws really are.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Man I wished I lived in VT. sorta interesting, Jersey, has 8x the population of VT, and 46 times
more violent crimes.

like some1 pointed out in another post it just goes to say, Criminals DONT care about gun laws or registration or anything along those lines, ALL gun laws do is really make regular folk jump through 300 hoops to get a weapon that is our constitunional right to own.

D-
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Man I wished I lived in VT. sorta interesting, Jersey, has 8x the population of VT, and 46 times
more violent crimes.

like some1 pointed out in another post it just goes to say, Criminals DONT care about gun laws or registration or anything along those lines, ALL gun laws do is really make regular folk jump through 300 hoops to get a weapon that is our constitunional right to own.

D-

I disagree.  I think criminals do give a shit about gun laws.. Especially favoring the draconian ones we have here in the PRNJ.  It'd be like OSHA for the rest of us.  Just guidelines increasing the safety of an individual in the workplace.  Bummer that their workplace is your house.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I disagree.  I think criminals do give a shit about gun laws.. Especially favoring the draconian ones we have here in the PRNJ.  It'd be like OSHA for the rest of us.  Just guidelines increasing the safety of an individual in the workplace.  Bummer that their workplace is your house.

True, they like the fact that most normal people cant get weapons that compair to the ones that they break the laws to get.  Course im not saying that people need a AW  for home defense.. but if you DID want one as a law biding person, shouldnt you deserve to get one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top