Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 5:22:40 AM EDT
I was reading here that they were considering it a while back, but haven't been able to find anything.

have their been any attempts, from larger cities such as Mancheter, at more gun laws/grabs?

THanks

Shoot
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what you're looking for for information but, that I know of, NH has no cities or towns with laws(like an AWB) other than what state statutes allow or prohibit. You should check on local ordinances though of the cities/towns you're interested in.

NH is a gun friendly state but you should search the RSA's that I linked in one of your other threads.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
NH has complete pre-emption at a state level.  Here's what you're looking for:

159:26 Firearms and Ammunition; Authority of the State. –
I. To the extent consistent with federal law, the state of New Hampshire shall have authority and jurisdiction over the sale, purchase, ownership, use, possession, transportation, licensing, permitting, taxation, or other matter pertaining to firearms, firearms components, ammunition, or firearms supplies in the state. Except as otherwise specifically provided by statute, no ordinance or regulation of a political subdivision may regulate the sale, purchase, ownership, use, possession, transportation, licensing, permitting, taxation, or other matter pertaining to firearms, firearms components, ammunition, or firearms supplies in the state. Nothing in this section shall be construed as affecting a political subdivision's right to adopt zoning ordinances for the purpose of regulating firearms businesses in the same manner as other businesses or to take any action allowed under RSA 207:59.
II. Upon the effective date of this section, all municipal ordinances and regulations not authorized under paragraph I relative to the sale, purchase, ownership, use, possession, transportation, licensing, permitting, taxation, or other matter pertaining to firearms, firearm components, ammunition, or firearms supplies shall be null and void.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

NH has some of the best gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes we do!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top