Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 2:02:22 PM EDT
Do you trust Petro? Petro/Blackwell, Which would be a better champion for our second amendment rights? I'm not sure if I could support him "Petro" for Governor. I sense some underlying anti gun attitude from him when he say's he supports peoples rights to defend themselves with a firearm but the strong training only. I think he would be differently against a Vermont style CCW law. We need a really strong 2nd amendment governor and I'm not so sure petro is it.  We can't afford another Taft. I'm looking toward blackwell. What do you folks think?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to an officer that has a lot of contact with BCI&I.  They HATE Petro as their new boss!  Everyone is on edge ALL THE TIME.  Also there was a training conference where they were honoring P.D.'s from around the state-  It ended up being a Petro fest-  All the speakers got up there and kissed his A** then he got up there and kissed his own A**.  No thanks.

I think Blackwell is the better choice.  Betty maybe 2nd???  

Anyone know Ohio house member Jim McGregor?  He's about as pro gun as it gets.  I saw him the other day and he asks me if we have M60's on our boats to combat potential terrorists coming accross the Canadian border!!!    I tell him we barely have Rem. 870's let alone a carbine...  He goes on a tangent telling me how when he was Gahanna Mayor they made the switch to rifles and they liked the Hornady TAP ammo etc. etc...  Now all that from a legislator!  I wish he'd run for Gov!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Blackwell.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Another vote for Blackwell.

+2 from my house

(Callgirl & I were discussing this on the trip back from vacation!)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#5]
From everything I've heard and read, Ken Blackwell is the ONLY choice we have for Governor.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the good ol' boys (Republian party leadership) pass him over for another RINO, a la Jim Petro.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Ken Blackwell.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
you guys can support them.......but to me the entire state has nothing but RINOS, republican in name only, you got morons like dewine, voinivich, I recall all the good talk  that this sorry ass MF taft was spewing.......but when he got into office what happened?

you guys can believe them, but not me..........these asswipes are no better then the liberals. once they get your vote and get in,  they'll shit on you.......then the whole process starts all over again, with another "republican"

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you guys can support them.......but to me the entire state has nothing but RINOS, republican in name only, you got morons like dewine, voinivich, I recall all the good talk  that this sorry ass MF taft was spewing.......but when he got into office what happened?

you guys can believe them, but not me..........these asswipes are no better then the liberals. once they get your vote and get in,  they'll shit on you.......then the whole process starts all over again, with another "republican"

It's called strategic voting.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.  

It is EXTREMELY important  NOW to support an individual in the primary season AND MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD WITH THE PARTY, OTHERWISE IT WILL BE THE SAME OLD RHINO BS. THE DAYS OF BLINDLY SUPPORTING  A PARTY ARE GONE AND THE PARTY MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I have received many solicitaions from "The OHIO GOP" and have written back no $ till you support a true party platform representative(s).  

I wish someone such as Blackwell had the brass to step up & challenge Vonabitch & Dawhine.

GO Ken Blackwell!

My 2 cents.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.  

It is EXTREMELY important  NOW to support an individual in the primary season AND MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD WITH THE PARTY, OTHERWISE IT WILL BE THE SAME OLD RHINO BS. THE DAYS OF BLINDLY SUPPORTING  A PARTY ARE GONE AND THE PARTY MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I have received many solicitaions from "The OHIO GOP" and have written back no $ till you support a true party platform representative(s).  

I wish someone such as Blackwell had the brass to step up & challenge Vonabitch & Dawhine.

GO Ken Blackwell!

My 2 cents.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.  

GO Ken Blackwell!

My 2 cents.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry carried away with the submit button.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#13]
montgomery is against a ccw bill period (look on the ofcc web site) she made some poor comments at a ofcc function in the last few months.

i have heard bad things about petro from officers that i know, one inside bci&i.

i have met ken blackwell twice over the years. just one of those thing where you get introduced to someone. the first was just an informal introduction with little or no conversation. the second i got a chance to talk with him. he seems straight forward to me.

but keep in mind that they are all politicians. once in office any of them can turn on you like a rattlesnake.........

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
From everything I've heard and read, Ken Blackwell is the ONLY choice we have for Governor.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the good ol' boys (Republian party leadership) pass him over for another RINO, a la Jim Petro.

+1 and +1.

Vote Blackwell, if you don't, you must be racist!

Scott
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell, I've been called a racist and I'd vote for Blackwell!
(I guess you are a racist if you don't like rap music, government handouts, and "special treatment" for selected peoples. AFAIC a man is a man, no matter what color he is.)

From what I know of Blackwell he's the real deal. I met one of his cousins,(some liberal artist that was having a "showing" at some gallery in Kolumbus) at a gathering I was at last year and asked him if he knew Ken (since he had the same last name)he told me that he didn't much care for his cousin. I told him that I found Ken to be a nice guy.  He was extremely flustered and made it known that he really didn't care for his politics!  Since this guy was crashing the party and had nothing to say about anyone but his "showing" I took his "opinion" of Ken as a positive endorsement!  I never did go to his "showing."

Hessian-1(rubbin elbows with the not so rich & famous)out!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and +1.

Vote Blackwell, if you don't, you must be racist!

Scott

Well, I wasn't thinking about it from that nagle, but I guess that is a possibility too.

My point was/is that the party leaders will probably try to foist another of their RINO pals upon the unsuspecting voters of the great state of Ohio, instead of nominating a true conservative Republican like Blackwell.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top