Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 5:13:35 AM EDT
I put a Daniel Defense tube on my M4-gery last night.  The tube is SO cool.  However, I screwed up my front sight tower in the process.  The damn taper pins just would NOT come out.  (There’s a thread about it in the Build It Yourself forum if you care to read more about my problems.)

So, I’m shopping for a front sight tower and was thinking about bringing the rifle to the Eastman show this weekend.  You guys ever do that; walk guns around if you’re looking for something for it?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah, but after 4 hours of mulling around, that gun gets HEAVY!

Leaving it in your car during the festivities isn't always a great idea.... I'm sure theives lurk in bushes waiting on someone to drop something off so they can help themselves, rat bastards.

Looks like I'll be at this show.. gotta fondle some Kimbers before I buy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Great link job, ass.

Try again.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate it when that happens.  

Thanks, reject.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#4]
i suffer from the same paranoia.   what better place for a thief to lurk in the shrubbery than a gunshow.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you know you can break a car window silently with a torch? I have heard you can, never tried it.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you know that you can drink urine because it is sanitary?  I have heard you can, never tried it.

the_reject (-:
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you know that you can drink urine because it is sanitary?  I have heard you can, never tried it.

the_reject (-:

Assimilation is complete on the one known as the_reject, the rest will follow shortly. Note the backwards smiley!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Deception is complete.  Muahahahahaha...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
It never occurred to me to bring a gun to a gun show...hmmm.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I've filled two letters of our favorite alphabet group when going to gunshows.  Now if I could only remember to bring the gun next time..............  J/K.  Yes i have brought firearms to gunshows several times looking for parts.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#11]
bookhound,

was nice to meet ya,

got dressed to do some restoration work on the house, but made it to the show for a while looking like a dirtbag, wear a shirt and tie, have a company car, sit behind a computer all day talking on the phone-yuppie with a badge!

what was the outcome of your new front sight assy endeavor?

let me know, curious, and if you ever want to ditch that DD rail, i'm interested,

mv
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:31:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice meeting you also.  Like I thought, I ended up toting that upper around all day without finding anything suitable.  The best I found was a gas block that fit, but the vendor had no clue who made it.  I'll be ordering the Armalite block today.  Better to play it safe and go with a name brand.

Any luck selling the PWA?  Looked nice and I thought hard about it, but I'm saving for some other toys that are high on the priority list.

Take care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top