Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 1:11:47 PM EST
My pool needs a face lift, I would like to change the liner, get a new filter, pump, etc. and also get an electric heater.

If anyone knows a good pool person, please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:08:55 PM EST
I can not swim! But I can grill! Does that help?

Bill H.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:24:30 PM EST
I think a gas or propane heater is much cheaper to run than an electric heater. Electricity rates are at their highest during the summer and gas/propane rates are at their lowest during the summer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:20:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By bear3351:
My pool needs a face lift, I would like to change the liner, get a new filter, pump, etc. and also get an electric heater.

If anyone knows a good pool person, please let me know.

I Don't have any good advice on Liners , I had mine replaced 3 times in 12 years

And switched from a DE filter to a sand filter early on .

But I learned allot when I looked into a heater because the pool was in a mostly shaded area . What I ended up with was a 10' x 12 'solar unit that was basically a 3" deep box built out of aluminum with a 100' or so of 5/8ths copper pipe in a circle pattern , all painted black and covered with clear lexan .

It was mounted on the roof of the shed about 50' away and water was pumped to it by diverting some of the output from filter . Its output was in the 130° range on a sunny day . It worked so well that you only had to run it 2 hrs a day to keep the pool at 85 -90° during the summer and running it all day in the fall kept the temps in the low 80s well into October . The whole unit installed was less then a grand and required zero maintenance or cost of operation in the 12 years I owned that house .
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:26:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:26:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
If you are just looking for some advice... contact Wolfpack. He runs a pool maintenance business in Vegas. Super nice guy!

Thanks Dude, we'll do.
Top Top