Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2018 6:26:37 PM EDT
And if so, what was the circumstance that they based it on?
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I know two MD CCW holders and both got it on business reasons.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know two MD CCW holders and both got it on business reasons.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one, I only got it through being Law Enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I know 4, 3 got them for their buisness, 1 is retired police.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
My brother in law had one, he let it lapse.  Said it was a pain in the ass to get, had to go in and show receipts that he made money in his business.  He owns his own law firm.
Then, while driving his Porsche 911 and wearing a business suit (unarmed) gets pulled over for speeding.  The cop must found out about his ccw, and started yelling at him like he was some drug dealing thug.  After that, he said fuck it and didn’t bother renewing it
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I was issued one in 2012.  It stated on the back that it was only valis as long as I was employed as a sworn police officer.  When I tried to renew it two years later I was declined, stating that I was not eligible....

I carry anyway, so LOL MD... LOL.

To me it confirmed that it wasn't really a carry permit to begin with.  It was just the state recognizing some one that was already carrying.  I don't see any way they would issue a permit to a mere mortal citizen
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My father has had one since the early 80's.

He is a small business owner but, His reason for having the permit is for responding to alarms. (Family owned and operated alarm company.)
It does say on the back of his "while on duty" which is fine with him, as it's a 24hr business anyway.

I'll probably get off my dead ass and get mine this year as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I know a dentist who has one.

His practice license allows him to proscribe  many prescription-only medication - including pain meds.

His CCW is based on that.

MD will try to limit your permit as much as they possibly can.

And I am not aware of any reciprocity.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And I am not aware of any reciprocity.
View Quote
Reciprocity map per USA carry

Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in MD and have one. I am a contractor and on the back it says "while conducting business as ******* *******"
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I know 2 people.

If your information was stolen during the OPM hack you can use that plus some added drama.  Seemed to work.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know 2 people.

If your information was stolen during the OPM hack you can use that plus some added drama.  Seemed to work.
View Quote
Yup, agree with Ray. I know at least 4 people who have one. Two are for business, the rest related to OPM hack.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the OPM hack?
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Opm hack, government office of personel management. They were hacked and the records of service members and spouses were stolen.

The opm hack warning letter is just a piece of the puzzle. People that are current or retired military, with current employment by the Fed gov or a gov contractor, citing government warning about us is or terrorist attacks conus, with an opm hack letter, have been issued permits.

I know dozens of people with permits. From business owners, to victims, government employees,  lawyers, doctors and veterinarians, and even volunteers and board members of organizations, and of course firearms instructors.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:38:17 AM EDT
[#15]
former corrections officer with a dozen threats against my life
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I know someone with one.  He got it during a "loophole" period when there was a federal case going on about Maryland CCW.  A judge had temporarily relaxed MD's rules.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Private Investigators.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one. Business owner
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know 2 people.

View Quote
Can you elaborate on that?
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link fixed: State Police's August 2019 standard operating procedure

All of the categories and all the restrictions those categories are given, including the change to business owners having "None" for their restrictions. The "Federal employees and contractors with a top secret clearance" must be a huge number of potential applicants with almost equally unrestricted permits, limited to only as long as they keep their clearance and work for the govt or a contractor.

The OPM hack victims might be going under the "assumed risk" category?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
State Police's August 2019 standard operating procedure

All of the categories and all the restrictions those categories are given, including the change to business owners having "None" for their restrictions. The "Federal employees and contractors with a top secret clearance" must be a huge number of potential applicants with almost equally unrestricted permits, limited to only as long as they keep their clearance and work for the govt or a contractor.

The OPM hack victims might be going under the "assumed risk" category?

Kharn
View Quote
"Unauthorized access to downloads"
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link fixed

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top