Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/5/2017 6:05:45 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy some steel, and would prefer to support a local company.  I'm in DSM, easy drive distance would be preferred.  

Bonus points if there is an Arfcom association with it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:35:03 PM EDT
I haven't bought any steel myself, but if I do I will buy from Accurate. Based out of Iowa falls.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:55:53 PM EDT
I have purchased two plate racks from Accurate and highly recommend dealing with him.

Kurtis is up by Iowa Falls if I remember correctly, but he brought them with him to the 4H Building gunshow and met me in the parking lot when I made it by.

I know he supplied targets for at least one of the shoots at Septic's; I think it was the IFC rally that happened out there before Brownell's let IFC use its range.

I am sending you a PM with his contact info.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:58:52 PM EDT
Cool thing about the second plate rack I purchased from him is that the legs come off and it breaks down so you can put it into a car.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:18:35 PM EDT
Yep, I have bought from Accurate, not only am I supporting a Iowa Company but also a member, I just pick stuff up from him when I go to gunshows.

I have bought 2 hostage targets and some gongs from him

I would really to make some bigger purchases at some point
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:26:02 PM EDT
Cmp is down by STL Louis
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:46:21 PM EDT
Accurate is the man you seek.

I bought a few plates off of him after he hosted the lower build party. He gave me a great deal on some 10" plates that were not fully processed. I guess you would call them 90%, unpainted, holes not fully rounded and the edges were still a little rough. I told him I was good with that as I was only going to be shooting them.

After countless thousands of rounds they are still going strong.

I need to flag him down again to pick up something a bit more interactive than just swinging plates.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:26:11 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By yammerschooner:
I have purchased two plate racks from Accurate and highly recommend dealing with him.

Kurtis is up by Iowa Falls if I remember correctly, but he brought them with him to the 4H Building gunshow and met me in the parking lot when I made it by.

I know he supplied targets for at least one of the shoots at Septic's; I think it was the IFC rally that happened out there before Brownell's let IFC use its range.

I am sending you a PM with his contact info.
View Quote

Got it.  The guy is super fast replying to emails too.  I emailed him last night, had a reply like 30 minutes later.  I'll be going with him, unless a local steel company has some insanely low prices.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:55:35 PM EDT
Always best to buy from the local guy, here is a deal on Amazon that's very good also:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2017/03/bargain-finder-77-accurateshooters-deals-of-the-week/
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:18:12 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By timthemedic:

Got it.  The guy is super fast replying to emails too.  I emailed him last night, had a reply like 30 minutes later.  I'll be going with him, unless a local steel company has some insanely low prices.
View Quote

I got a quote from a local welding shop on a piece of AR500 it had to be ordered in a entire sheet and it was pretty costly. I wanted a sheet just cut into square targets and i would drill holes to hang wasnt worth it
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:31:02 AM EDT
Radiator Works in Merrill,IA (by Sioux City) cuts nice targets out of 3/8 AR500. He normally has most in stock but will cut as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:49:39 AM EDT
Bought some Accurate from a local place today.  Will buy more from him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:30:48 AM EDT
Another vote for Accurate Products. Our club has purchased steel targets and plates racks from kurtis. So far, so good.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top