Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 9:39:16 PM EDT
I went there today to price a lower ($315) and see if they had any 50 caliber ammo (they did, bought a box).

Some guy who came in at the same time asked to see a rifle, and the guy behind the counter said some really insulting stuff about tirekickers and asked the guy if he was actually looking to buy that rifle for $2300. I didn't want to point out that the tag right under it said $1300, but I'm certain that guy just cemented my not returning to pick up a Bushmaster lower (or anything else).

Had I been that guy, I would have just left. I have no idea why he stayed. The staff at Wade's is less rude. I know, I know, not possible, right? No, it's possible. The guy that helped me was great, but his partner needs a change in attitude.

Hate to break it to him, but he works retail. Tirekickers are part and parcel of the deal. I took TGIK to Wade's to show him how various firearms function; I made it clear to the guy behind the counter I was just showing TGIK how stuff worked and they were OK with it. Guess that's why I've bought so many firearms at Wade's: they treat everyone like a customer until they prove otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
He must of had a sandymangina.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Ouch. Thats gonna leave a mark.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
They must go to the same tea parties as the guys from Fed Way Discount guns.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Someone mentioned Mo the other day. Assclown award winner.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting information.I'm new to shooting and have been scoping out different shops. I have been meaning toget up to Kirkland to find the shop. The guys at Wade's have been helpful and patient, but I haven't bought from them yet.

On the other hand, I work about 200 yards from Champion Arms and they have been very nice. The range is having teething problems, but it works for me. And the S&W and Kimber that I bought there are working out very nicely as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Interesting information.I'm new to shooting and have been scoping out different shops. I have been meaning toget up to Kirkland to find the shop. The guys at Wade's have been helpful and patient, but I haven't bought from them yet.

I've never had a sales guy at either Wades or Discount Guns get wankish with me.  When I stopped by Discount Guns to look at Eotech sights, the guy I talked to invited me to check out the view through one they had on a rifle.

Hopefully the rude sales guy won't last.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Same here...theyve always been patient even when I kick the tires (which is often). OTOH I don't always kick the tires either...there's no fun in that and its just not natural.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I kicked tires and then bought a PTR 91 up at Discount Gun Sale, I was treated great.......guys were all super nice.

Also always been treated well by Discount Guns in Federal Way.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW! I am amazed. I have found the guys at Discount Gun Sales in Kirkland to be top notch. They are my local gun store of choice by far.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have never had a problem with any of the guys at Discount guns and have always been treated like a king whenever I walk through there doors. I would call the owner/Frank and let Him know what happend. Crap like that will drive customers away and could sink His shop.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:23:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I purchased my 1st and 2nd AR15s from discount gun sales...and they were always great....

I really like what they did with the store expansion too.  Still my shop of choice...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have never had a problem with any of the guys at Discount guns and have always been treated like a king whenever I walk through there doors. I would call the owner/Frank and let Him know what happend. Crap like that will drive customers away and could sink His shop.

+1 on giving Frank a call, they have always treated me very well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Crap like that will drive customers away and could sink His shop.

Yes it will, there isn't enough markup on firearms to allow jackass sales staff to work at the store.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Which one is he?  I've only been there a couple times, an do remember some bloody rude fool, but I don't any names.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never had an issue at Federal Way Discount Guns and have made many purchases there.  They have the best prices around by far.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never had an issue at Federal Way Discount Guns and have made many purchases there.  They have the best prices around by far.

Same here.  Mo was pretty courteous to me & I've had good experience w/ them thus far.  Disappointing to hear that others haven't.  The owner once told me that he was considering taking a group of interested customers down to '06 SHOT w/ dealer passes as his 'crew', on some sort of package trip deal or something, which I thought was rather cool of him.  What's going on w/ them?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one is he?  I've only been there a couple times, an do remember some bloody rude fool, but I don't any names.

Thats the one. He acted like that the firsttime Iw ent in there years ago. I think I have stopped inthere twice since, but cant get that out of my head.

I know at least one other member here who has major frequent flier miles with him, and has issues.

Hopefully he will check in.

I thought the Discount up in Kirkland was a Dealer here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Is Wades generally pretty good?  I haven't been there yet, I do know one of the employees, not sure what he does there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the guys at Discount guns...I'm really curious to get a description of who you had problems with.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Is Wades generally pretty good?  I haven't been there yet, I do know one of the employees, not sure what he does there.

Wades is expensive and the help is generally in the last stages of testosterone poisoning.

That said, they have a large selection and have run everyone else (WSI) out of business - so they're clearly doing something right. Good for them!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:21:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I like the guys at Discount guns...I'm really curious to get a description of who you had problems with.

There were three guys behind the counter. This guy was taller than the other two. I don't remember his physical description, and I'm not going back to find out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#22]
When i was shopping around for my first AR someone told me to stop into Wades in Bellevue just to look at a larger selection and then go to  Discount Guns in Kirkland to buy. I went to Discount and was treated horrrible. I was a manager of a retail chain a few years ago and was very disappointed to see their lack of customer service, especially while dealing with a customer that was going to be leaving with a rifle for 1k+. I ended up going back to Wades and purchasing my first AR from them. I dealt with a guy named Rick who has been awesome every single time i have gone in there, and highly recommend dealing with him. I did however go back into Discount again one day, and was again treated with less than stellar customer service. I dont know if this has to do with the fact that im only 21 or what. But one thing that i have learned is you can never judge a book by its cover.

I have had a lot of sales people loose sales because they thought i was just a kid, including my first car purchase at Lexus. The sales manager ended up loosing a sale on a brand new IS300 because he said he didnt have time to go on a test drive unless i for sure wanted to buy the car. The next day i went back in, walked right by him, and picked up the youngest sales person in there and gave him the sale!

Oh and......The older guy at Discount is the Owner Frank.....and then he has his two sons working there....the younger one who is 19 is Brett and i dont know the other ones name.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I just have to tack this one, and I promise I will any time I hear Mo's name mentioned.

Mo Sucks.  Fed Way Disct Guns eats.

I bought my first few handguns there, back when his sister was working behind the counter.  After he sold me a defective pistol and told me to pack sand, he's lost out on over a decade of my business and anyone else's who I can inform.  (Granted, he's still in business so PT Barnum to him, but he hasn't leveraged into a shooting facility either.)

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I am less than impressed...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
When i was shopping around for my first AR someone told me to stop into Wades in Bellevue just to look at a larger selection and then go to  Discount Guns in Kirkland to buy. I went to Discount and was treated horrrible. I was a manager of a retail chain a few years ago and was very disappointed to see their lack of customer service, especially while dealing with a customer that was going to be leaving with a rifle for 1k+. I ended up going back to Wades and purchasing my first AR from them. I dealt with a guy named Rick who has been awesome every single time i have gone in there, and highly recommend dealing with him. I did however go back into Discount again one day, and was again treated with less than stellar customer service. I dont know if this has to do with the fact that im only 21 or what. But one thing that i have learned is you can never judge a book by its cover.

I have had a lot of sales people loose sales because they thought i was just a kid, including my first car purchase at Lexus. The sales manager ended up loosing a sale on a brand new IS300 because he said he didnt have time to go on a test drive unless i for sure wanted to buy the car. The next day i went back in, walked right by him, and picked up the youngest sales person in there and gave him the sale!

Oh and......The older guy at Discount is the Owner Frank.....and then he has his two sons working there....the younger one who is 19 is Brett and i dont know the other ones name.

The older taler brother is Frank Jr.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

which one's Mo?

Mo is Federal way Discount guns. in federalway

Frank is Discount Gun Sales in Kirkland

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Wades Guns, pretty much assclowns in my opinion.  My last two experiences with them;

1.  Took in a 98% 70 series Colt Gold Cup NM to have the front sight staked since it was loose.  After a couple weeks called them thinking it would be done since it's like a 30 min job at the most.  Still wasn't but they said they would get to it soon.  A few day later they calle dme, gun was ready to pick up.  Go in and get it, they charge me $50.00 plus tax which pretty much surprised me since it's such an easy job (my mistake, should have asked first).  So I pay the bill, come home and notice that retard who calles himself a gunsmith there, obviously didn't use the right tools when staking the sight since now I have an f'd up front sight that is crushed along the top edges.  Everybody tells me I should have immediately called them, and in hindsight i should have, but if that's what they call a gunsmith, I don't want him touching any of my guns again just to do more damage anyways.

2.  Last WAC show in Puyallup I see a Yugo SKS that catches my eye.  It looked great on the outside even though it was used, but knowing non chrome lined yugos, that doesn'tmean anything.  I ask the guy what grade SKS this was i.e. good, verry good, etc.  He said he wasn't sure, so I ask if I can look in the barrel.  Well he tells me then I can't because they have no more straps to tie the bolt,  At this point I'm pretty surprised by his response, but I tell him, hey I will buy this gun if I can look down the barrel and check it out and it is decent, so he turns to Wade himself and asks him if I can do that.  Wade turns to me and says no and that there all the same so if I want to buy it I'll just have to do it sight unseen.  At that point I put it down and just walked away.  

Never again will I ever even think of buying anything from them, and because of damaging my Gold Cup and their crappy attitude I will tell everybody I know my experience with them.  Personally I hope their arrogant attitudes and bad service eventually puts them out of business.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#31]
We do these gunstore thread a few times a year or so.

I have never set foot in the Kirkland store. I already said what happened in Fed Way.

I bought a Membership to Wades when I first go there. When it came time for renewal, they subtracted the amount of the Annual from a lifetime. Sold.

I have been in that store a lot. All gunstores attract all kinds of people to work there. I have seen changes in Wades through the years. The guys who were real assholes are no longer there.

And even the worst asshole I ever remember there, pales in comparison to Kesslerings everyday gunside manner or Fed Way.

You cant treat people like shit in Bellevue and stay in business.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Well Stokes glad things worked out a little different for you.  As for the Gunsmith, if he is the same one that wrecked my front sight, I still wouldn't let him touch my stuff.  The whole reason I brought my Gold Cup to Wades is because I thought they would do the job right, I could have messed up my gun myself and stil been $50.00 ahead.  If it is, go ahead and tell him about this, I know I let anybody know who wants gunsmithing work done about it.  That and my gunshow experience, I'm sorry, Wade's has lost all my respect, I'll gladly take my money elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I wouldn't let Dave Helton touch (let alone look at or point toward) any of my guns.  One of the funniest things I've heard Dave say is that HE introduced IDPA shooting to the area....yeah...sure he didn't.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I've found that most gun store employees are not unlike Comic Book Store Employees.  The Holier than thou attitude especially.  They know everything about the wares they sell, and if your opinion differs, you are an idiot and not worthy of being in their establishment.  This rule does not apply to ALL, but I found it to be a pretty safe stereotype for the most part.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
And even the worst asshole I ever remember there, pales in comparison to Kesslerings everyday gunside manner or Fed Way.

You said the K word. Those guys redefine assclowns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Ah Kesselrings, home of "Hellooo, I have the stuff I want to buy in one hand, and cash in the other, why am I being ignored?"
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I've found that most gun store employees are not unlike Comic Book Store Employees.  

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like Tom at the Oly table?....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Ah Kesselrings, home of "Hellooo, I have the stuff I want to buy in one hand, and cash in the other, why am I being ignored?"

I've given up there a couple times.  Put the stuff back and left.  That was when I live up in B'ham and usually I could get whatever I was looking for at Yeagers.  Not the biggest selection, but at least the guys at the gun counter weren't jerks.  And at times they've had ok prices.  A Bushy M4 with rails for only $940.  Sold before I had the money to buy though unfortunately.

I've usually gone to Bullseye.  Not the greatest prices, but I haven't ran into an assclown there yet.  Every employee that I've met seems ok, and they try to act like know it alls usually.

And to agree with Tweak, there are like 4 employees at Fed Way, which one of them is Mo?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've found that most gun store employees are not unlike Comic Book Store Employees.  

Actually, it looks like me minus the pony tail.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I've never had a problem at Federal Way with Mo but he has been a total ass hat to other people when I've been there.he
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

This would be funny if it wasn't so true.

Only place I've ever seen a less than 25% Winchester Model 12 priced at $1200. "What's so special about this one? Looks like a field model from the early 60's." "It's a commerative model."  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.simpsonsweb.com/img-news/196.jpg

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#45]

I called Kesselrings the week before Christmas to ask about their EOTech selection.  The guy transfered me to their "law enforcement" number for some reason and no one ever picked up.  Sent them email:  no reply.

If it hadn't have been pushing Christmas, I think I would've gone for that shop down by Fort Lewis.  Ended up buying in Kirkland because they've been OK by me,
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Thats Great!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mo is Federal way Discount guns. in federalway

right but there are 3-4 emps there, which one is Mo?

Mo (Mohammed) is the middle-eastern looking guy.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:30:58 AM EDT
[#48]
This is a frustrating world.

I can deal with attitudes, don't like them, but I'll tolerate it if they are capable individuals. I also believe everyone has bad days and sometimes employees are misunderstood(?). OK, some flexibility for everyone, but...

Gun shops aren't the only places. Transmission shops and anywhere else that performs a service often do crappy work. Yes, capable people exist...

I better stop here before I begin unloading many issues I'm carrying about work and people.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top