Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 10:31:42 AM EDT
www.theolympian.com/home/news/20040901/southsound/134439_ARC.shtml

The story in the paper is a little wrong. there were actually 3 people that showed up to help the trooper get the guy into custody. A lowly walmart security guy(ME) a tow truck driver and the corrections officer. I turned down an interview because I didn't want anybody I have caught to see me on TV and put a name to my face. I was the first one on the scene to help the officer, with the other 2 right behind me. the trooper seemed pretty happy to see us
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
NEGATIVE!.....

The Washington State Patrol told the paper that a off duty Shelton Corrections Officer assisted the Trooper....

I want you to post a link to the proof that there were 3 as you state, or take it back and STFU!
Im just kidding! Good for you, now get a lawyer in case the trooper or the other assmunch decide to take you to civil court for the scratches and hurt feeling's they got in the wrestleing match.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for you Kooter!
Love the avatar. Know anybody that wants a '66 IH 4x4 PU?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good for you Kooter!
Love the avatar. Know anybody that wants a '66 IH 4x4 PU?

Depends on the price and if it runs. I'm always looking for another IH to dump my money into
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no idea who you are....but GOOD WORK!!!!  Tell us more...did you kick him in the nuts? Was the Troop in big trouble when you showed up? Tell us what the news wont!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have no idea who you are....but

Why, he is Kooter!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have no idea who you are....but GOOD WORK!!!!  Tell us more...did you kick him in the nuts? Was the Troop in big trouble when you showed up? Tell us what the news wont!!!!!

Not too much more to tell. I was driving northbound on 101. i saw a trooper pulled over behind someone but the troopers lights were not flashing, i thought that was kind of odd. I glanced over to see what was up and in between the two vehicles was the trooper and this dude, and they were going at it. It took a couple seconds for me to realize what was really going on, and then another couple seconds to decide that the trooper needed help. by that time I was already a little ways down the road. First chance I turned around and raced back up to where it was all going down. As I come upon the troopers vehicle all i see is the trooper laying face down in the ditch. I thought he was dead. I pulled over and ran back to see if he was still alive. His head came up, I saw that the trooper was laying on top of the guy he was fighting with, just waiting for back up to arrive i guess. I ran up and told the trooper i was there to help him, and asked what he wanted me to do. he told me to get on his car radio and call for help, which i did. When i got done with that i ran back to the trooper, then the other 2 guys showed up. we all just kind of piled on the dude on the ground and got his other hand behind his back and into cuffs. I had to write out a statement, was thanked by just about every cop there several times. then i went home.

I did speed the rest of my way to shelton, because i knew every police officer within a 10 mile radius was back at the fight scene

I did have my Glock on me, but when i made the U-turn I took it off and stashed it in the glovebox. I didn't want to get in a wrestling match and have this jackass get my gun away from me. figured it was best to just leave it in the truck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:
I did have my Glock on me, but when i made the U-turn I took it off and stashed it in the glovebox. I didn't want to get in a wrestling match and have this jackass get my gun away from me. figured it was best to just leave it in the truck.

I think that's pretty intelligent.  You obviously assessed the situation enough to make a clear and rational decision weighing both pro's and con's.  And if it means anything to you, I'm impressed and elated you had the courage to risk your life that much more for the officers' not knowing what only God would know about the situation.  Congrats.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:28:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesus...I thought thats what it was!

I live right off of Delphi about 5 min from 101.  There was a lot of commotion the other day police cars flying down Delphi heading northbound.  CRAZY.

GOOD WORK MAN, GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD!

:Beer:

-Rob
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:11:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember hearing about this on the radio. Pretty cool that it turns out an Arfcommer was involved.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It takes moxy to put yourself  "in harm's way" for no more reason than it's the right thing to do.  You're the man!
On a note related to the quote, I was invited to a workout that was at my local police station a couple of months ago.  We did weapon retention drills where we had a beretta cap gun and a holster and were trying to restrain someone who was trying to just get our gun.  Man the three of us who were civies could hardly keep our guns, but the cops...Well you can tell they realize it's a real worry for them.  Since then I have thought anyone who carries regularly should workout a little bit doing that kind of thing, my self included.  Something for us to keep in mind i guess.  good thinkin on your part to take yours off though.

jim
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not too much more to tell. I was driving northbound on 101. i saw a trooper pulled over behind someone but the troopers lights were not flashing, i thought that was kind of odd. I glanced over to see what was up and in between the two vehicles was the trooper and this dude, and they were going at it. It took a couple seconds for me to realize what was really going on, and then another couple seconds to decide that the trooper needed help. by that time I was already a little ways down the road. First chance I turned around and raced back up to where it was all going down. As I come upon the troopers vehicle all i see is the trooper laying face down in the ditch. I thought he was dead. I pulled over and ran back to see if he was still alive. His head came up, I saw that the trooper was laying on top of the guy he was fighting with, just waiting for back up to arrive i guess. I ran up and told the trooper i was there to help him, and asked what he wanted me to do. he told me to get on his car radio and call for help, which i did. When i got done with that i ran back to the trooper, then the other 2 guys showed up. we all just kind of piled on the dude on the ground and got his other hand behind his back and into cuffs. I had to write out a statement, was thanked by just about every cop there several times. then i went home.

I did speed the rest of my way to shelton, because i knew every police officer within a 10 mile radius was back at the fight scene

Very well written, very well done.  Thankyou one more time, from yet one more officer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top