Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:29:51 AM EST
When I was 13 or so in the early 80's I was in D.C. with my Boy Scout Troop we went to the National Mall, it was a symbol, IMO, of the rest of the country. It was clean, groomed, and a place I felt that was safe as a very young man. Looking at the picture, and after reading the artical a lot has changed since then.

Sorry if I am having some "stream of consience experience here" but, what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:28:28 AM EST
I was there a few years ago, the words I would use to describe it are, government run, dangerous, dilapidated....

mind you I was there at night so that may contribute to the dangerous part, but beyond that it just seemed run down, there were fences keeping people off of the grass muddy walk ways over all it seemed more like a construction site then the picturesque park I had been looking forward to...
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:50:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By tesla120:
I was there a few years ago, the words I would use to describe it are, government run, dangerous, dilapidated....

You're being redundant

Originally Posted By tesla120:
mind you I was there at night so that may contribute to the dangerous part, but beyond that it just seemed run down, there were fences keeping people off of the grass muddy walk ways over all it seemed more like a construction site then the picturesque park I had been looking forward to...

When I was there between my junior and senior years of high school (summer of 1999), it was in pretty crappy shape too. Not quite looking like a construction site, but closer to that than to being a picturesque park.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:50:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By GrandForks:

When I was there between my junior and senior years of high school (summer of 1999), it was in pretty crappy shape too. Not quite looking like a construction site, but closer to that than to being a picturesque park.

You're just a kid!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:01:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
Originally Posted By GrandForks:

You're just a kid!!!

ha! if you only knew how old I was...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:21:36 AM EST
It's more important to put new cars in the hands of the voters for the next election.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:45:51 PM EST
Unless the repo man has come for them all by then because nobody could legitimately afford them. I'm waiting for one of these vote-buying schemes to backfire. Maybe all the money being printed will be it. If so, it's too bad that it would have to affect everyone.

Originally Posted By back40:
It's more important to put new cars in the hands of the voters for the next election.

Top Top