Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:09:48 AM EDT
I caught part of the 6PM news on Friday at the gym, so I may (I'm hoping, at least) I didn't get the story straight.

Indianapolis Fire Department - A couple of guys answered a call for volunteers to go down and help with Katrina.  When they got there, they, along with volunteers from all over the country, were given a class on sexual harassment sensitivity.  They were then asked to hand out brochures on sexual harassment to victims of the hurricane.  Well, the IFD guys got pissed and left, and rightfully so.

Did anyone esle hear this story?  If it's true...  WTF, over?   Was it a Gov thing, was it some scumbag liberal democrat thing posing as a gov?  

I don't know about you, but I am sick of this crap.  It's getting to be time to do something about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw the same thing on the Louisville news that happened to a couple firefighters that went down there.  They quickly arranged for a return trip home
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the only thing they were assigned to do? Just hand out flyers? I'd leave too!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I know  first hand that this is true. I am a firefighter also. I was going to go untill I found out what fema was going to have us do....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know  first hand that this is true. I am a firefighter also. I was going to go untill I found out what fema was going to have us do....

...and this was all they wanted you to do? Hand out flippin' flyers? To who - victims and/or the rescuers?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of twisted non-logic led some bureaucrat to even think of putting emergency workers (visiting professionals)  through sexual harassment training under the current circumstances?  How can someone whose brain functions well enough for them to breath regularly even have the fleeting thought to do it, much less make it happen?

It's mind boggling.  It's so far beyond stupid that it's making my head hurt.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd tell them to suck a left nut. If I was a firefighter, my job would be FIGHTING FIRES. Not handing out pamphlets. Now if it was fire-related, sure... but not sexual harassment. They need trained counselors out there for that. People need to seriously prioritize their workforce.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Can someone provide a link to a news story about this so we can spread it around?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know  first hand that this is true. I am a firefighter also. I was going to go untill I found out what fema was going to have us do....hr

...and this was all they wanted you to do? Hand out flippin' flyers? To who - victims and/or the rescuers?

victimshad
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
In honor of this non-event I am willing to offer free training in sexual harassment, diversity, violence in the work place or even box cutter safety.

But please, don't drive 1000 miles for this training when you can get it right here in Indy!

This is some of the craziest shit I have heard yet.  Can you imagine a year from now when most of this crap is found out.  What Govt. PHD. came up with this stunt?  Probably related to Les Aspen and the boys who gave us Somalia.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:07:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is the one I heard on the news last week:www.wndu.com/news/092005/news_44632.php.
Anyone want a t-shirt?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad someone was able to find a news article about this.

I guess the whole thing was a government idea, specifcally FEMA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey, maybe it was to help people feel better after being raped because they were disarmed and herded into a stadium full of predators, or disarmed in their own homes and left for the predators to get to them next?  I'm sure the pamphlets would inform them that rape is wrong.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here is the one I heard on the news last week:www.wndu.com/news/092005/news_44632.php.
Anyone want a t-shirt?

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:53:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...was it some scumbag liberal democrat thing posing as a gov?...

I guess it wasn't.
(I can see why FEMA has a new head.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top