Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2003 10:10:20 AM EDT
(Posting same Q in MN forum as well)

Did any of you guys maintain a CCW permit from another State that is recognized by reciprocity in your State’s new CCW law BEFORE you got a license in your home state?

Curious to know that IF Wisconsin’s PPA passes (with the current reciprocity language intact) whether or not a FL carry permit will be “good enough” until I can get approved through the Milwaukee County Sheriff (whom I imagine will not be sprinting through the application approval process).
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
SO after a quick visit to packing.org - it would appear the MI does not recognize any non-resident permits from any state.

And that sort of answers my question.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Michigan does recognize some permits from other States.  I believe the permit has to be from the State you are a resident of though.  There are not many States on the list though.  

You might check out MCRGO.org.  They should have a complete list.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top