Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 2:43:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 3:11:48 AM EDT by -RotorDemon-]
I'm starting to have second thoughts about buying this stuff that I snagged at the gunshow yesterday. And kicking myself for forgetting to buy one of those crazy AR multi-tool/wrench things.

I figured out I don't need the carry handle rails, and the 1" scope rings. The Houge grip feels good. and I am 50/50 on the scope now.

Is this scope junk and what are your opinions on throwing a scope on the carry handle?

Thanks
-Mike

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:53:55 AM EDT
Impulse buys are a bitch, huh?

Grip, good choice.

Scope.........well...if it works, great, but my opinion of cheap scopes is just that, they're cheap.

Rail.......how ya gonna use it if you have that scope on there?......

Don't mean to bash, just been there done that myself. Ask me about the red dot and delta cheek piece I bought one time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:57:30 AM EDT
Well.. it was gonna go something like this.. *clears throat* 1" rings go on the rail, rail goes on gun, scope goes on rail, front rail gets riced out with light and laser.

PFFFT Yeah right.. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Who knows about the scope, I might give it a try. I looked all around for a A3/4 stripped upper. couldn't find one so I blew some green on junk.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:09:23 AM EDT
Rotor,
If I knew that you were looking for that a scope, I would have sold you the same exact scope. I sold it last week with rings for $30. As you mentioned, it's an NCStar. That scope held up fairly well for me, but I don't think that I'll be buying any more NCStar stuff in the future. I have had just to much crap of theirs.

I like the Hogue grips. In fact that's whats on the M4gery that you shot a week ago. As for the scope rail........ why? If I had a dollar for every 'second though' purchase I've done over the past 20 years........ well let's just say that I'd have a few more really nice toys. If you don't find a use for it now, you might down the road or sell it off to have more $$ for new stuff. Don't kick yourself to hard, it's part of learning what works for you.

Later,
Nox
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:57:37 AM EDT
I think we all go through our "Ricer" AR phase....you will get through it too.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:17:30 AM EDT
Try the scope and make sure it doesn't wander on you. Bottom line. It worked for me on my AK before I went red-dot. I wouldn't put it on anything bigger (more recoil) though. Try it, play with it.

I've started to put more money in optics after Nox and I have broken two red-dots between us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:45:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
I think we all go through our "Ricer" AR phase....you will get through it too.

LOL.. Few nights ago I was like.. I should do it up in desert camo... *Looks at krylon*
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:54:21 PM EDT
I'll sell you a carbon fiber hood.....................................

oh......sorry, wrong kinda rice........
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:01:22 PM EDT
Yeah man.. CF sights, CF Carry handle, Chrome dust cover, some neon in the magwell, flowmaster silencer with 4.5" chrome exhaust flash hider, powered by .223 stickers, and some fuzzy dice.

PRACTICAL RIFLE HERE I COME!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 6:55:48 PM EDT by NoAim]
Dude...I need to show up to the PR in this:

Although most of the guys would probably put it out of its misery.

Since we're on the topic...always good for a laugh: www.laughatrice.com
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:38:29 PM EDT
I would't worry about it. I've bought enough magazines that don't feed, tac-triggers that suck,
crappy holsters, OKO Red Dot, Chinese Carry Handle Scopes........ basic garbage. Luckily, I
stayed away from Century FAL's & CETME's. That's real junk!

For Practical Rifle, I prefer a red dot like a Aimpoint or Eotech. There are too many close
shots where magnification screws you up. The red dots work well on long shots too.
Don't bother with cheaper stuff since sooner than latter, it will mess up. Aimpoints & Eotechs
might work on that rail, if it is Weaver spec.

You'll be banging that metal in no time.

My $0.02 worth.

Spambo
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:56:47 PM EDT

less than 24hrs from the gunshow to the EE..........I think we have a new record!

Now back to rice..........

ding....ding ding.....da da ding ding.......ding...ding ding......da da ding ding.....rice rice baby......
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:24:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Unka-Boo:

less than 24hrs from the gunshow to the EE..........I think we have a new record!

Now back to rice..........

ding....ding ding.....da da ding ding.......ding...ding ding......da da ding ding.....rice rice baby......

LMAO!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:26:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:27:48 PM EDT
I found the owner to that rifle.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:29:25 PM EDT
Completely setting aside the fact that it's gold...........(ghey).............
Is that machined billit? Kinda cool looking...............KINDA........I said KINDA........
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 9:38:30 PM EDT by -RotorDemon-]

Originally Posted By spambo:
Aimpoints & Eotechs might work on that rail, if it is Weaver spec.

Spambo

Yep.. that rail is weaver spec. and as far as I know if an EoTech was on the forward lower rail it would co-witness with the front sight.. but man thats like 3 miles from my face and 2 micrometers from the front sight.

*cry* I need an A3/4 upper. *drool* M4gery
Top Top