Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
You Must Be Logged In To Vote
Posted: 8/7/2018 5:27:03 PM EDT
Had a city tax and county tax, voted both no

Peterson and Yes on A.

I went early to vote...between 10:45am - 11am...and there were a lot of people out. I'm guessing Prop A and Perhaps Senate Race is bring them all out. As I was filling out my ballot, I kept hearing the # for Republican Ballots, made me proud of my City
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:52:45 PM EDT
I voted around 8:30.

No - on temporary tax increase for roads & bridges. I pay road/bridge taxes every time I fill my gas tank. If I actually saw some "real" road improvements or even some repairs in my area, I might of considered the increase, but just slopping down tar and pea gravel is not doing a road improvement if it doesn't last but 3-4 months. OR, you do a great job of fixing and repaving miles of road, just to turn around and destroy it to put in 10 miles worth of new culverts a month or so later.

Yes - Petersen

No - Prop A
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:10:43 PM EDT
Voted around 10:00.

Peterson.

Yes on Prop A.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:31:46 PM EDT
Peterson

No on A

Thought the Gas tax was suppose to be on the ballot? Nov. I guess?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:18:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2018 7:22:25 PM EDT by PursuitSS]
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:33:27 PM EDT
Yes on A. No on pit ban. Peterson.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:14:52 PM EDT
Yes on A.

Peterson.

We're going to lose right to work by the way it looks. Shame. Nobody should be forced to join anything in order to earn a living.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:24:49 PM EDT
Yes on Peterson
Yes on Prop A
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2018 11:04:44 PM EDT by cbr954]
Here is a NYT link on prop A that does a good job breaking down how the counties voted.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/missouri-right-to-work-vote-proposition-a

Look at some of the bootheal counties. That is unexpected.

Eta: The counties on the map are clickable to see current status.

Ste. Genevieve Yes- 807

No - 4,510

Never would have expected those numbers.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:37:36 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cbr954:
Here is a NYT link on prop A that does a good job breaking down how the counties voted.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/missouri-right-to-work-vote-proposition-a

Look at some of the bootheal counties. That is unexpected.

Eta: Ste. Genevieve Yes- 807

No - 4,510

Never would have expected those numbers.
View Quote
Its early but it sure looks like it's going to be no on a.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:18:44 AM EDT
Yes on A
Libertarian Party Ballot.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:32:46 AM EDT
I think that I was the second one through the door at 6:01. The racists at the polling place forced me to show photo ID in an attempt to keep me from voting. I sure showed my great aunt and childhood babysitter when I produced the driver's license that was so difficult to obtain.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 3:10:06 PM EDT
Felt like I was back in Illinois... My vote didn't mean jack squat.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:43:16 PM EDT
LOL...we got killed on Prop A

I can't believe Peterson did so poorly.....just wow.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2018 9:20:34 AM EDT by AeroE]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:40:44 PM EDT
Got my sticker! Wasn't really invested too much in anything on there. I went No on Prop A but thats just the area I am in. Ford/GM/ETC around here with a lot of guys I know. So thats the way I went.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:13:27 AM EDT
A sad day.

Maybe some day Missouri will be free and prosperous.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:00:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
Got my sticker! Wasn't really invested too much in anything on there. I went No on Prop A but thats just the area I am in. Ford/GM/ETC around here with a lot of guys I know. So thats the way I went.
View Quote
You must be in KC, because all the ford, GM, and Chrysler guys on the STL side don't have jobs anymore........because they closed the plants.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:52:30 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By delorean:

You must be in KC, because all the ford, GM, and Chrysler guys on the STL side don't have jobs anymore........because they closed the plants.
View Quote
Except for the GM plant in Wentzville that is going gang busters.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 1:47:53 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cbr954:

Except for the GM plant in Wentzville that is going gang busters.
View Quote
Yet the GM plant on Union & 70 is shuttered. Was there for nearly 70 years and built the Corvette, Astro minivan, etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2018 2:34:32 PM EDT by eric10mm]
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:19:09 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eric10mm:

"But, but, but, wages will go down if RTW is enacted."  So sayeth the opponents of RTW. 

I fully believe that many voters were ignorant of the ballot language and voted No because "No, I don't want to have to join a union to get a job".  And I hate it when they word any ballot issue in such a deceptive fashion.  I had to explain several times to my boss why he should vote Yes..
View Quote
Totally agree. I wonder how many people voted the wrong way and are smacking their foreheads right now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:34:54 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By delorean:

Yet the GM plant on Union & 70 is shuttered. Was there for nearly 70 years and built the Corvette, Astro minivan, etc.
View Quote
Lol, that was when, 1980?

I was 6. . I can't really comment on that.

The Ford plant was an absolute shit hole. I worked many hours in that plant during changeovers. I'm surprised Ford didn't shutter it years before.

If I'm not mistaken Chrysler going away was the decision of the Feds during the buyout BS. That North plant consistently outperformed it's sister plant in Mexico.
While the UAW has most certainly shot themselves in the foot time and again, I don't think everything can be legitimately hung around their necks in this instance.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2018 5:51:56 PM EDT by PursuitSS]
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2018 6:59:27 PM EDT by delorean]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

That ballot issue was worded so badly that IMHO probably there was Union money that greased whoever was responsible for writing the wording.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

That ballot issue was worded so badly that IMHO probably there was Union money that greased whoever was responsible for writing the wording.
That's because RTW got stopped a few years ago because of the ballot language. The unions filed a lawsuit claiming it was misleading and got it pulled. Guess who was responsible for the ballot language...…Secretary of State.........Jason Kander DEMOCRAT. No doubt he made a deal with the judge beforehand saying "if this passes, will you rule it misleading?"

So to make sure that didn't happen again, that's why it was such a jumbled message.

Originally Posted By cbr954:

Lol, that was when, 1980?

I was 6. . I can't really comment on that.
They stopped building the C3 Corvette there in 1981 (82 model year), then they launched the C4 (84 model year) out of the new plant in 1983......that's why there was technically no "1983 corvette". That building got torn down and I think the rest of the plant was in operation until the late 80's making the minivans. It's a huge logistics park now with a 1,000,000 sqft warehouse...….of which my product occupies a few thousand square feet of. I know on my insurance certificates it says 1920 as the date of the original building. The building just kept getting built onto, so it's a convoluted mess wandering around in it. Fun place to get lost in though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:00:39 AM EDT
No new large scale manufacturing is moving to Missouri in the near future, thanks to the International Unions. Out of state, coastal money has impoverished Missourians as a whole, all to make a political statement.

Honda and the likes only build new plants in right to work states by policy.

I am impressed by the efforts put forth by the unions in Missouri. It is too goddamned bad they made their ignorant stand at the expense of their neighbors.

For that, my dislike for unions has turned to burning hatred.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 8:33:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:28:01 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
Petersen

Yes on A (even though it’s going down, the Unions have spent over 15 million)
View Quote
Just think, the unions could have spent that money making their unions better so they don't have to force people to join them.

But that's not the union way.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:15:16 PM EDT
To all of the union haters. HA HA HA I suppose the 2 to 1 vote showed you who the minority is. HA HA HA
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2018 1:48:30 PM EDT by delorean]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Max-Paul:
To all of the union haters. HA HA HA I suppose the 2 to 1 vote showed you who the minority is. HA HA HA
View Quote
Not really. Less than a 20% voter turnout......just shows pro-union was a lot stronger than anti-union. And the other 80% didn't give a $hit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:16:45 PM EDT
10% of the working force telling the other 90% they have to join a union...

Pretty statistical tell tale where the problem lies.

Sort of like 12% of the population being 60% of the residents of the prison system.

https://www.bls.gov/regions/mountain-plains/news-release/unionmembership_missouri.htm
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:35:48 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brassaholic13:
10% of the working force telling the other 90% they have to join a union...

Pretty statistical tell tale where the problem lies.

Sort of like 12% of the population being 60% of the residents of the prison system.

https://www.bls.gov/regions/mountain-plains/news-release/unionmembership_missouri.htm
View Quote
It's much like those damn "1%'ers" that pay 40% of the federal income tax.....

I forget the middle numbers, but upper 50% of the US pays 98% of the taxes. It think it was the upper 10% of earners pay about 75% of taxes??
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:51:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 6:31:01 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
I think the vote was so badly worded that most people voted wrongly.

In addition MOST voters are not Union members, I learned to WORK for a living at a young age and deliberately never applied for a Union job, nor will I EVER apply for a Union job.
View Quote
And now Folks I think we have a Winner ,,
if you don't want to work a Union Job take
your ass some where else and work for another
employer .. no one is forcing you to take a Union Job ...

I really don't think it was worded as bad as
you guys are trying to make it out to be ...
and I think the voter's are not as illiterate
as the 2-1 ratio that was the outcome ..

what I do know that on 8-8-18 no matter the outcome
I got up at 2:30 am like I've done for the last 21 years
put my boots on and went to work ,,

may God Bless America
and President Donald Trump ...

TS2
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:53:23 PM EDT
Ifn your to lazy to get off of your lazy ass (non-voters). Then you really dont have a say and those who want to whine about only 20% turn out. Then you ought to be mad at all of those lazy asses that did not turn out to vote on this issue. HA HA HA Losers. Bet your all upset about Trump being president too. LOL
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:42:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:53:41 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
But that’s how a Democracy/Republic works unlike a Union which more resembles Communism/Socialism.
View Quote
Then please do us all a favor and dont join a union. I wonder were we would be if unions never came to be in the early 1900s. There must have been a reason that unions came about. Do you know why?
Anyone can answer my question?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2018 3:44:34 PM EDT by Shootindave]
Sometimes you have to vote for whats best for your community and for guys that do hard jobs in hard conditions. I have never had a Union job, but many guys do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2018 8:10:36 PM EDT by PursuitSS]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:39:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

Why they came about...

Horrible working conditions
Poor wages
No paid vacations
Zero benefits

But that was 100 years ago!!!

NOW....

Fifteen dollars an hour for fast food workers who can’t get an order right
Beating up a guy in a wheelchair because he was handing out Gadsden flags
Supporting illegal aliens being in the U.S.
Running corporations into Chapter Seven Bankruptcy even though they KNOW the Corporation CAN’T afford to pay more
Contributing $27,000,000.00 to Obumbers election (the LARGEST donation)
And How about a St. Louis Union being involved with the Mafia, and one of their Business Agents being convicted of bombing and murdering a man over control over organized crime in St. Louis.
”Three associates of the Leisure organized crime group have told federal authorities how the group bombed rivals to gain control of Laborers Local 110, an agent of the Alcohol, Tax and Firearms Bureau testified today.’

Yep, I really think they have a place in 2018
View Quote
Yup, we can thank greedy union workers for running Twinkies out of production until they were bought out....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/07/06/what-saved-hostess-and-twinkies-automation-and-firing-95-of-the-union-workforce/#16c478464dbb
Top Top