Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/22/2004 1:14:10 PM EST
Anybody going? I'll be going Friday night and will have my little 4 year old girl with me (unless my parents will babysit?!) so I'll be easy to spot, as well as my desert boonie hat that's well worn and still has sand from Kuwait 6 years ago in/on it. I'll make a point to wear a grey Air Force t-shirt or sweatshirt so if you see me give me a holler!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:01:36 PM EST
I'm going, kev, but I'll probably miss you again, as I doubt I will make it until Saturday.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:52:57 PM EST
Sorry I won't catch you at this gunshow, it's been over a year since I've seen you at a gunshow I think. Our Class 3 ffl/SOT Corporation might have a display at the November or December gunshow at the ISF in Des Moines with another dealer and between the two there will be a LOT of neat old machineguns! My contribution will be at the much LOWER end of the machinegun hierarchy as they have various beltfeds and water-cooleds compared to my sub-machineguns. When they setup it's quite impressive as 95% of their stuff is transferable/C&R and have all the correct tripods for each beltfed. Once I know for sure I'll post it on the forum and hopefully I'll catch you at a gunshow then.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:22:22 PM EST
I plan on going saturday morning. Can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:20:37 PM EST
It's a two hour drive for me but I might go and take the old boy (Dad) with. It's like a father and son outing!

Hey, is this the big one or does the one at Adventureland in November get a bigger turnout of vendors?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:19:51 AM EST
It is about a two hour drive for me also. I talked to a guy I work with and he usually goes to both shows every year and he said that the fair grounds show is bigger. He said the adventurland show is mainly military arms and surplus and the show at the fair grounds is a little bit of everything.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:40:03 AM EST
The fair grounds show is much better,lots more dealers.I hope to be there Sat. morning
Cazador2hippie.gif
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:14:12 PM EST
Oops, I posted my review of the gunshow over on my other thread. So what did you guys think that were able to make it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:25:41 PM EST
Actually, it wasnt that bad. Not as bad of prices as I thought it would be. I totally lucked out and found some old guy sellling his entire collection and picked up a NIB Colt M6700 Match Target Competition for $750 cash. It was the best deal I have got at a gun show. Saw very little AK's and even fewer mags. Couldnt find a .308 Rem 700 to save my life though.
Otherwise, it was not bad of a day.....
Especially after I scored the Colt
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:29:43 PM EST
Well, the only thing I picked up was a 10/22 mag. A long drive for just a mag. Oh well my brother did a lot better. He picked up a 24'' stainless varmint Ar-15 pretty reasonable. I was hoping to find a Rock River Arms no ban entry tactical but wasnt holding my breath. I figured it is still pretty hard to get a no ban rifle though. Otherwise I wasnt to impressed by the prices at the show.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:48:56 PM EST
The next show in November should be better as far as no ban rifles go as it will give the factories a chance to get caught up a little bit in production and fill their orders/warehouses. I was also looking for some 10/22 mags but didn't see any that I couldn't live without.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:39:18 AM EST
Newbie to this site, but I made the show yesterday.

Scored 2 Ar 30 rounders for $10, and got some .303 ammo to tryout my recent Enfield project.
Seemed to be a lot of surlus rifles in bad shape selling for premium money.

I saw some AR's, and fewer Ak's, suprisingly. Not a bad show for this early in the year, but Nov/Dec. will be better.

Typically the Adventureland show is two weeks apart from the Des Moines one, so I'll be there also. I'm only 30 minutes from Des Moines, so It makes for a short afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:16:47 PM EST
I was surprised at the number of SKS's over $250.

I saw a link on the web for surplus ones at 70 a pop.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:55:37 AM EST
Couldn't go. Two freakin days of car repair.

Oh, well. See you there in November!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top