Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 5:58:31 PM EDT
Just got word that I will be deploying to Iraq.  Will be leaving for Ft. Hood in March for the 6 Month train up, and then to the litter box.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep us up to date!  And get some!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh man! Fort Hood...quite the vacation spot. I did a 6-month train-up there - it's kind of a dump.

Good luck, and try to have fun!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm from St. Paul. Just left there actually....from X-mas leave.

I'm in the Army at Fort Hood right now. 1st Cav.

The ranges on base are 100% free. Bring your guns, ammo, and shoot all day. They have range safety personell and everything....every weekend

See you here in March! If I'm not at NTC in CA.....lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]
What unit are you with?

At least you are going through Ft. Hood. I have 30 of my Troopers down at Cmp. Shelby. THAT is a real shit hole.

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What unit are you with?

At least you are going through Ft. Hood. I have 30 of my Troopers down at Cmp. Shelby. THAT is a real shit hole.

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT

2-147 Air Assult, 34 ID, Chinook Co.

We are a detatchment from the 2-147.  We were Kiowa's, Blackhawk's and Huey's, but we got rid of the Huey's and replaced them with Chinook's and then promptly deployed them.  I am a 63B, Wheeled vehicle mech., and with two of us we have to take care of 4 HMMWV's, so this should be doable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What unit are you with?

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT

We are a detatchment from the 2-147.  We were Kiowa's, Blackhawk's and Huey's, but we got rid of the Huey's and replaced them with Chinook's and then promptly deployed them.  I am a 63B, Wheeled vehicle mech., and with two of us we have to take care of 4 HMMWV's, so this should be doable.

Wait...isn't the Stillwater National Guard Armory (right by my house) home to some members of the 34th ID? I just saw two Chinooks flying pretty close to each other right over Stillwater yesterday, too.

Anyways...best of wishes for your future.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What unit are you with?

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT

Wait...isn't the Stillwater National Guard Armory (right by my house) home to some members of the 34th ID? I just saw two Chinooks flying pretty close to each other right over Stillwater yesterday, too.

Anyways...best of wishes for your future.

I would guess they are because AFAIK all MN units are 34ID.  I bet that was our Chinook's, because the pilots have already begun some flight train-up localy before we leave.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Red Bulls, hooah!

http://delobi.us/photos/mission/6/crw_2739_std.jpg

(That's a friend of mine during our train-up at Ft Hood...note the monster dip in his mouth...LOL)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah!!!  Nothing like prepping and training for a combat zone AND wearing MILES gear doing it!!!  We just completed our 2-week exercise wearing that sh*t.   We're excited we get to wear it next month at JRTC.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah!!!  Nothing like prepping and training for a combat zone AND wearing MILES gear doing it!!!  We just completed our 2-week exercise wearing that sh*t.   We're excited we get to wear it next month at JRTC.

It don't mean nuthin'
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Another 19K hating life at shelby here - good luck, I actually am looking forward to the sandbox and starting the big clock
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#13]
A friend of mine is a medic attached to HHC 1-167 Cav, down there at Shelby right now too...I'm glad I went to Texas instead of Mississipi.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
19-kilo what unit are you with. I am thinking about reclassing 19d and looking for a good unit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top