Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/5/2013 11:59:00 AM EDT
I lived in Englewood back in the early 90s for 3 years , have not been back since. I remember a fair bit of gang activity , and I didn't use my car much due to thel ight rail while working downtown in Denver.

Work is taking me to the Denver area , this time I'm bringing a retired monther who is 70 and lives with me so I need a safe area near the light rail so she can go shop or do what ever social womens club stuff she likes to do. What areas are ok/safe ? I will likley buy a small house this time , in the 140K range since its just us 2. Must be no more than 5 blocks from the light rail though ...but then again I'm flexable. what side of downtown is ok? south or north?

any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2013 2:05:06 PM EDT by TaosBob101]
West side of Denver for safety...with out giving out a grid ref. where we live....the new station at 2nd & Union in Lakewood ( Green Mtn area) is going to work. Has the new hospital right across the street. That's handy. We just found out that the rail line has a lot of stops on the way to downtown along the old rail line on 14th Ave ? WTF
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:29:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TaosBob101:

West side of Denevr for safety...with out giving out a grid ref. where we live....the new station at 2nd & Union in Lakewood ( Green Mtn area) is going to work. Has the new hospital right across the street. That's handy. We just found out that the rail line has a lot of stops on the way to downtown along the old rail line on 14th Ave ? WTF

thanks , will look at the west side then. how about a place to shoot? any good outdoor ranges within a hour?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 2:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2013 2:11:16 PM EDT by TaosBob101]
Blue Core range (indoor) in Lakewood, Clear Creek County Range near Idaho Sroings ( Membership frezze at moment). Smaller range in door up north in Wheatridge, CO. Forget name. And a large amount of US Forest and BLM land to the west and SW nad NW. Best to research what's okay .

Google "Lakewoood CO" Large Fed employment presense at the Denver Fed Ctr. Light rail is next to 6th Ave (major in & out route to downtown)
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:18:36 PM EDT
Your parameters, near light rail, acceptably safe neighborhood and house less than $140K are difficult parameters to meet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:00:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By spqrzilla:
Your parameters, near light rail, acceptably safe neighborhood and house less than $140K are difficult parameters to meet.

yea might just go further out of the city and drive to the rail and have the parent take the bus . Sort of want to be out a bit to the west . ill have to go out and scout it out for a week and see whats what.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:21:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By spqrzilla:

^^^^This. I don't think you will find a detached single family home with your requirements; perhaps a condo or townhome.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:48:12 AM EDT
Try Littleton. The Mineral Light Rail Station is close to many townhomes that might be in your price range.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:35:30 PM EDT
Pretty sure Colorado will no longer be a free state after this next round of Legislation. You should see if Cheyenne Wyoming is close enough to the light rail for your purposes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:36:08 PM EDT
Littleton's Mineral light-rail station might be ok. I would NOT recommend the Englewood Oxford, or Englewood City Center stations. Englewood has changed since your time there in the 90's. Meth and tweakers have ruined a once beautiful bedroom community.
Top Top