Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 5:57:55 PM EDT
Are there still massive delays for obtaining a carry permit in Denver? I am planning on moving to Colorado in January, and I heard the 90 day turnaround time was not being followed. Is there still a backlog or have things returned to "normal?"
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You still need to meet residency requirements.  all counties have the permit info posted on their web site.

http://www.denvergov.org/police/PoliceDepartment/ProgramsServices/ConcealedWeaponsPermits/tabid/441924/Default.aspx
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi, I see that Denver allows people to come in on a walk-in basis. So in theory, if I get to the office early enough I should be able to get through the process rather painlessly, right? The only reason I ask is I had heard there was a delay in the process early in the year and surrounding counties like Adams had an appointment requirement that essentially meant months of addition wait.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine just got his permit in the City and County of Denver, took almost the full 90 days.  They're in no rush to issue, told him not to expect it any sooner-if, in the officer's words "it gets approved".  Seems like, at least in the metro area, most agencies are taking advantage of the full time frame.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A friend of mine just got his permit in the City and County of Denver, took almost the full 90 days.  They're in no rush to issue, told him not to expect it any sooner-if, in the officer's words "it gets approved".  Seems like, at least in the metro area, most agencies are taking advantage of the full time frame.
View Quote

Not everywhere in the metro area. I completely spaced that my permit was expiring last month and JeffCo turned me around in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi, I see that Denver allows people to come in on a walk-in basis. So in theory, if I get to the office early enough I should be able to get through the process rather painlessly, right? The only reason I ask is I had heard there was a delay in the process early in the year and surrounding counties like Adams had an appointment requirement that essentially meant months of addition wait.
View Quote

reread my reply and go to the denver CCW web site. Denver usually goes the full 90 days.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not everywhere in the metro area. I completely spaced that my permit was expiring last month and JeffCo turned me around in 3 weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, Jeffco seems to be the best county to live in at least for the metro area.   If I didn't like my neighborhood (Centennial/Arapco) so much I'd move.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I just had a student apply last week and was told six weeks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top