Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 9/2/2015 3:29:39 PM EDT
My house has a side entry garage and is the same distance from the street as it is from my front porch.   For years, UPS, FedEx, and USPS delivered packages to my front porch where it was safe from the rain.

For some reason, a few weeks ago, every delivery company started leaving them by my garage instead.   The problem with that is they aren't protected if it rains, and my wife backed over two boxes the other day since they weren't visible in the backup camera and were placed right behind where the car backs out.

Has anyone else had this happen to them lately?  I caught the UPS guy doing it today and kindly asked him to put them on the front porch, but he just looked at me and shrugged.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2015 3:39:50 PM EDT by Extorris]
UPS guy did that to me with some truck rims I ordered because my side facing garage door was much closer to the street, they got stolen of course.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:04:37 PM EDT
For some unknown reason, the FedEx driver puts packages outside my lower garage door. I use the upper garage everyday but seldom use the lower garage unless I ride my motorcycle. I had a missing package that fedex was working a trace on for me that I found a week later, soaking wet, at the other end of the house. It's odd because you have to drive 200 yards beyond my number marked driveway to the other drive at the end of the road to get to that garage. At least I know to check there now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:06:58 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
For some unknown reason, the FedEx driver puts packages outside my lower garage door. I use the upper garage everyday but seldom use the lower garage unless I ride my motorcycle. I had a missing package that fedex was working a trace on for me that I found a week later, soaking wet, at the other end of the house. It's odd because you have to drive 200 yards beyond my number marked driveway to the other drive at the end of the road to get to that garage. At least I know to check there now.
View Quote

Good to know.  My house is setup like yours.  I haven't had an issue in the last 3 years but I wouldn't have thought to check my other garage.  I will be sure to check if I have a missing package.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:59:41 PM EDT
I never use my front door. I have to check there for packages if I can't find them. Last Christmas I found a package in a rocking chair on the front porch, it was addressed to a neighbor. I picked it up to find it was a fruit basket and had been there for a couple of weeks. I delivered it to his house and for some reason felt like I had to apologize for the miss delivery.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:42:41 PM EDT
FEDEX delivered a handgun today, for a transfer (Kahr P380), during the 15 minutes that I was away, walking uptown to renew my car tags. Since I was not there, they dropped it off at the pizza joint next door, and had them sign for it. They were outside doing a smoke break when I came back, so when they saw me, one of the guys ran in, grabbed it, and gave it to me.  When I told the guy it was a handgun, he said, "Oh Hell, we just had it laying on one of the tables next to the front door til you got back!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:58:40 PM EDT
I get a mixture of on the Porch, right side of garage, or left side of garage from all of them. I have started putting in the Notes section to ONLY leave packages on the front porch.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:17:40 PM EDT
I send all my packages to my grandparents house. They're always home, or will be shortly. I go by at least 3-4 days a week anyway, even more now since my granny had her stroke cause paw is alone until we can get her back home. He enjoys calling me to let me know I've received something and shaking them to guess what it is, so I indulge in his games. Signature is never a problem either, and my stuff is usually from carrier to dining room table and don't have to worry about weather or thieves.

Don't know what I'll do when I don't have them anymore, for many many reasons. Only ones I ever had.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:26:22 PM EDT
They put mine there sometimes to hide it from view of the road. Worked for me cause I go in and out at the garage door and don't park cars in the garage. I started changing delivery to their hub after the package ships a few months back because someone stole a package off the front porch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:47:32 PM EDT
If I ever get time, I'm going to find a sign place online that can make a cheap plastic sign with "Please deliver all parcels to the front porch" or something for this very reason.  We nearly backed over a package that was leaned on the garage door the other day.  It seems they're getting lazier or less training or something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:04:22 PM EDT
My ups guy placed packages between the bush and my garage door.
One day my wife came in angry.. She thought she hit the garage with the car.

Few hours later I was outside and noticed she drove over the dog food that was delivered..

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:42:58 AM EDT
At least w Fedex you can create a free account and in the account, you can specify where you want your packages delivered.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:28:11 AM EDT
I never use my front porch or front door.  Always use the garage to go in and out.  I also let people in through my garage or back door instead of front door.  I noticed my neighbors do the same.  This must be why.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:18:48 PM EDT
UPS set the standard and once just kicked the packages out about 100 feet down my 700 foot driveway . I was pulling in and passed 2 boxes , stopped got out and it was for me . I guess that is good for them
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:25:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By whiskerz:

UPS set the standard and once just kicked the packages out about 100 feet down my 700 foot driveway . I was pulling in and passed 2 boxes , stopped got out and it was for me . I guess that is good for them
View Quote
Ups set a box from LaRue on my mailbox once. You've seen my drive way.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:07:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cpl0313:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Did it say larue on the side?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:34:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gajeep94yj:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gajeep94yj:

That's why I always ask for plain packaging if possible. Larue uses printed tape though so even the tape says larue tactical all over it so SOL on that one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:12:02 PM EDT
View Quote

Hell, my mail carrier used to come flying up my driveway in his little jeepy-thing, hang out the door, and just lob my packages (underhand) at my garage door like he was pitching a girls' softball game. I keep my doors locked at all times, so by the time I could get out the front door to chew his ass, he'd already be a few doors down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:37:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stasher1:

Hell, my mail carrier used to come flying up my driveway in his little jeepy-thing, hang out the door, and just lob my packages (underhand) at my garage door like he was pitching a girls' softball game. I keep my doors locked at all times, so by the time I could get out the front door to chew his ass, he'd already be a few doors down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stasher1:

All I was thinking about reading this.
Top Top