Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 7:33:45 PM EDT
Hey yall I just recently entered the Delayed Entry program for the Navy(Gunners Mate, SWCC) and I was wondering if there was any possible way to get a military discount on a firearm with these credentials. Would I need to get a paper from my recruiting office as a recommendation? Any thoughts, opinions, or facts on the matter?

Thanks a lot. For the record I am looking in to buying an AR and live in the Phoenix area.

Bobby
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on your decision and good luck.

I am sure you can get a discount..............it will just be delayed.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey you never know they could get sympathetic. Ending up in San Diego will...limit... my ability to get such weapons.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
From my experience the bases in Commifornia allow the weapons even if the state law prohibits them, so long as you are living on base and do not leave with the weapons.
Pennelton was that way when I was there.  Couldn't leave the bas with them, but if you have friends in ordinance or the armory it's better, you can usually get some rangetime with you personal weapons.  They got a kick out of my FN/FAL.

Edited to add:
1)While there keep your AZ license
2)visit AZ and purchase weapons of choice
3)take them directly home to the base
4)do not leave the base with said weapon.

While I was there all my state taxes went directly to AZ. Why, because FUCK Commifornia!
The gooberment has loop holes like this just for military personnel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey you never know they could get sympathetic. Ending up in San Diego will...limit... my ability to get such weapons.

You can leave them with me, I'm only a hop skip and a jump from there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
So anyone have any answers besides that one or should I just go and check a dealer myself some time?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, when you don't have an active/reservist full duty picture military ID don't expect a discount.  Sorry dude. Best wishes.

semper fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top