Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2003 6:06:04 PM EDT

Congressman Gannon:

On July 11th of this year Governor Minner of Delaware signed Delaware HB178 which establishes concealed carry weapons license reciprocity with any state that recognizes the Delaware license. I write today to urge you to sponsor legislation or otherwise broker an agreement with the state of Delaware to extend reciprocal license recognition. Your constituents needs for protection of family and self do not end at the Pennsylvania border. Please do all in your power to facilitate this important matter.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely;
bigdb1

I wrote my Senator and Congressman, you should too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Congressman Gannon:

On July 11th of this year Governor Minner of Delaware signed Delaware HB178 which establishes concealed carry weapons license reciprocity with any state that recognizes the Delaware license. I write today to urge you to sponsor legislation or otherwise broker an agreement with the state of Delaware to extend reciprocal license recognition. Your constituents needs for protection of family and self do not end at the Pennsylvania border. Please do all in your power to facilitate this important matter.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely;
bigdb1

Heres the problem, These states recognize your permit:
Alaska, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming.

Delaware does not. Yet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
-snip-
Delaware does not. Yet.

That's the whole point of writing your Senator and Congressman. Delaware HB178 provides for a reciprocal agreement and all that is required for DE to recognize our CCW is for PA to recognize theirs. It is up to PA to make the move.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm shocked and dismayed that I can't get anyone on board with this. There are at least 2 more members right here in Delaware County. Am I the only one that travels to Delaware?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you should give up . Just because no one is commenting on your post doesn't mean they won't act on it . Plus don't forget it's vacation time and our forum isn't getting the usual traffic . I think your letter is to the point and gets the message across.

I'm sure you won't mind if the none creative people used it . BTW those interested in writing their Legislator here's a link to find yours .> GOV  

Thanks for bringing this to our attention . Let's get this done .
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm shocked and dismayed that I can't get anyone on board with this. There are at least 2 more members right here in Delaware County. Am I the only one that travels to Delaware?

bigdb1,
What's the plan?
John
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
The plan? The plan is to make every PA gun owner I can aware of the opportunity and beg them to write their state reps. This was my first stop. The bulletin board at DCF&S is next, maybe get an article in the club news. I think I'll contact the PR&PA and ask if they have anything organized going on. I'll bang the drum at every Steel, ICORE and IDPA match I go to. I'm thinking maybe the PA Attorney General might be a good man to write.

That's all I've got right now. Can you think of anything more? I'm open to suggestions.

BTW, anyone that wants to can take my letter verbatim or add frills and gussies as desired. Just write!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, just fired one off to AG Mike Fisher:

The Honorable Michael Fisher
Office of Attorney General
Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA  17120
Phone: 717-787-3391
Fax: 717-783-1107

This is a rare chance we have. Everybody get on the train!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Remmeber that the AG is the one you wnat to contact; adding DE to the list of reciprocal states requires only his say so.

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks DavidC!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm behind you on this one.  I never go to DE, but the more states we have reciprocity with the better.

I will fire off a letter to AG Mike Fisher.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Received not one, but 2 letters from the AG's office. Read the originals at the links below (files 87 and 68KB respectively).

The gist is that the AG is aware of the new law and they have been in contact with Delaware, but that these things take time. On the bright side there is no indication that the AG is opposed to a reciprocal agreement in any way.

I believe more encouragement is in order.
Call and write today!

mywebpages.comcast.net/bigdb1/AG1.jpg
mywebpages.comcast.net/bigdb1/AG2.jpg
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#12]
More reciprocity!!!!!  Country wide!!!!!  Ban communism and democrats!!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Done

sent one for the wife as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Congressman Gannon has replied as well. He says that the AG is the man to see and has forwarded my letter.

Thanks to all who have written! And to those that haven't, it's not too late to be heard. Call and write today!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#15]
bigdb1 -

I'll get on a letter to Fisher this week.  I have a PA permit and go into DE quite often (used to have a business and FFL there).  This would be very helpful to me; thanks for the heads-up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quick replies from the AG. Too bad he is not our current Governor.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#17]
This looks like an excellent opportunity for gun owners.  I work for a state rep and have made him aware of this.  He is putting in a good word with fisher himself.  Hope they get this going!
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone else gotten a reply from the AG or their Congressman? I'm wondering if they are sending out form letter replies...
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I've gotten letters from the Senators and the AG.

They are probably form letters, but they do address the issues, they aren't just gobbly-gook.

If my scanner worked, I'd post some, but it's been DOA for awhile now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump this back to the first page.

Time for follow up letters to make sure they know we're still thinking of them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#21]
A bump to keep the issue in sight. If you haven't written yet, it's never too late...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#22]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Congressman Gannon:

Sincerely;
bigdb1

bigdb1,

I am on the case. I forwarded the subject at hand to Harry Schneider (Chairman of the PA Sportsmen's Association). He in turn passed it on to the ACSL (Allegheny County Sportsmen's League) http://www.acslpa.org/ and told me they have a very good rapport with AG Mike Fisher. He also stated that Fisher has been more willing in recent times to pursue reciprocity. Keep the pressure on 'em.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks TonyF! Sounds like those are some great connections.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#25]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:09:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey TonyF, did you ever hear back from anyone? I haven't had a response since my Congressmen wrote.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey TonyF, did you ever hear back from anyone? I haven't had a response since my Congressmen wrote.

I just had a change of ISP and all the associated headaches. I'll get hold of my contacts and see where this stands ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just had a change of ISP and all the associated headaches. I'll get hold of my contacts and see where this stands ASAP.

Here is the reply I received from Harry:

"The holdup was Delaware getting their shit together.  Today Fisher was appointed a federal judge, so we have to see what his successor does.  Don't hold your breath".

I don't know who is succeeding him as AG. Anyone know? Looks like we've happened upon a stumbling block.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn, back to square one.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Fisher has recommended his Deputy Jerry Pappert to finish his term. Nothing confirmed yet though.

I guess we wait to see who the new AG is and start again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top