Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/18/2007 6:17:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2007 6:18:18 AM EST by mcnielsen]
Who is going to attend?

Industry Forum post

SLR15 Training Calendar

REMEMBER ALL:

You do not have to compete in all 5 categories to come and compete/shoot in just one. I guarantee you that it will be the best $50 you have ever spent. In many ways it is like receiving your report card at the end of the year. I usually learn the MOST about my shooting skills, the level to which I have progressed and what I need to work on after attending the Defensive Edge 5-gun event.

SO, COME AND SHOOT IN WHICHEVER EVENT YOU CAN AND WATCH THE REST!
You will learn much!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 7:05:24 AM EST
This is worth the time, you learn a lot watching other people (except don't watch Arabou on the shotgun tac-reloads like I did last year ... of course, I now get to watch his SLR15 so I should keep my mouth shut).

I did pistol, shotty, and carbine last year but it was fun to watch the precision and wheel gun events.

I made mistakes that I have spent time working out this year, so +1 on the report card nature of the event.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year due to a long-standing family commitment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 7:07:43 PM EST
Would love to make it and watch all you guys but its my first weekend back to work and I know there is NO WAY I'll get Sunday off this late of notice.

Maybe next year(again!)

Link Posted: 9/19/2007 8:14:08 AM EST
FT, you have an excuse for last year!
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 6:35:41 PM EST
I will be duck hunting that weekend.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:43:02 PM EST
Anyone else going to make it? You just have to be an alumnus in any Defensive Edge course to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:23:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
Anyone else going to make it? You just have to be an alumnus in any Defensive Edge course to shoot.

I will be there!

Mark
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:13:38 AM EST
Are spectators welcome? I've taken Handgun I and may be able come out and watch for a little while, but with hockey I can't spend the day out there. I'm not sure what my coaching schedule is for Saturday, the calendar is at home.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:58:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By WolverineG23:
Are spectators welcome? I've taken Handgun I and may be able come out and watch for a little while, but with hockey I can't spend the day out there. I'm not sure what my coaching schedule is for Saturday, the calendar is at home.

I think you missed the boat. Post title says the competition was Oct. 7.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:51:39 AM EST
Good point!! It just doesn't seem like it should already be October 8th.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:10:31 AM EST
so how did everybody that competed do?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:21:23 AM EST
Results are posted in Tactical Reality forum at SLR15.com. It was a hard day of shooting!

WolverineG23, It is really not an event open to spectators since the competition is really more of a personal effort on behalf of the Alumni who trained this year. As I have said before, it is your end of year "report card" to show you what you learned and what you need to work on. I encourage you to come out and compete in Auto-Pistol next year and you are welcome to watch the rest of the events!

Arabou
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:48:32 AM EST
Man I feel beat today. I can't figure out if it's the day I spent surfing on Saturday, or if it's the beating my body took yesterday. Judging by which muscles are sore, I'll have to say yesterday.

As a personal note, I plan on getting in better shape for next year. A couple minutes of running around shouldn't put me out of breath for an entire string of fire.

Very interesting what happens to your shooting ability tho
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:20:40 PM EST
Congrats, 5-gun champ!
Top Top