Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2016 6:48:12 PM EDT

Defensive Carbine I Course

Full 8 hour training day. Extended version of our popular NRA Range 4 hour Clinic developed from student requests. All of the 3”x5” card drills and more. Additional drills at 50 yards, 100 yards and a qualification course of fire. Covers basic defensive use of the carbine, ar15 platform emphasized with other platforms welcome. Once safety, handling and the marksmanship fundamentals are covered we will move into drills and then distance work. If you have a dependable carbine and you want to run it, this is a great course offering for you. Our instructor to student ratio is designed to provide students effective coaching. Our staff is composed of consummate professionals. Green Ops team members are very experienced instructors from various backgrounds: national training organizations, competitive shooting, military and law enforcement with vast real world experience. $35 of every registration fee goes to support the 4H specifically the youth shooting sports program. Come out, train hard, learn, have fun and support a great organization.

Location: 4H Range in Culpeper VA off Rt 15 across from General Winder Road. Exact location to be provided after registration
Date: Saturday April 23, 2016.  9:00am to 6:00pm
Cost: $235 (Includes Lunch and Range Fee)

Topics Included:
Safety
Justification for Use of Force
Marksmanship Fundamentals
Zero
Mechanical Offset
Reloads (immediate and tactical)
Stoppage Clearance (immediate action and remedial action)
Positions and Transitions
Use of Cover
Equipment Setup
Performance Review
Qualification Course of Fire

Equipment Needed:
Serviceable, working carbine
Tactical Sling (Blue Force Gear Vickers or Viking Tactics recommended)
Quality belt with strong side holster and at least 1 magazine pouch
Be able to retain 2 rifle magazines on your body
350 rounds of dependable ammunition. No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer
Eye and Ear Protection (electronic recommended)
Ball Cap
Weather appropriate attire (prepare for worst case) – we shoot rain or shine and hot or cold
Small Portable Rain Proof Note Book
Gun Oil
Knee pads (optional, but recommended)
Water for hydration

*Your Carbine should be Zeroed Prior to Course* Pros and Cons of different Zeros are discussed and a confirmation drill is conducted – but you will get the most out of this course if you come zeroed. We usually advocate a 50/200 yard set up. If you need assistance with this or have any questions please contact us.

Email: [email protected] or visit “Training Schedule” at www.Green-Ops.com
Class is limited to 20 students.

*Note: Outdoor range - the only restrooms are port-a-johns.

For additional information please visit the following:

www.Green-Ops.com
www.Facebook.com/GreenOpsInc
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I just want to chime in and say I took the 4 hour course at NRA.  I had a lot of fun and plan on returning for another class in the future.  The instructors were very polite, professional, and knowledgeable.  I left feeling like I got much more than what I paid for.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want to chime in and say I took the 4 hour course at NRA.  I had a lot of fun and plan on returning for another class in the future.  The instructors were very polite, professional, and knowledgeable.  I left feeling like I got much more than what I paid for.  Thanks!
View Quote

Thank you Ezmode  that means a lot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I would like to take one of these classes but I'm not a teir 1 tactical operator, I'm more of a typical ARFCOMer. Low speed, high drag.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would like to take one of these classes but I'm not a teir 1 tactical operator, I'm more of a typical ARFCOMer. Low speed, high drag.
View Quote

Yep, I don't want to go and be embarrassed. I think the instructors would be like then then and Id' just sit there and be like .
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#6]
To anyone considering serious defensive training,

Most Green Ops Instructors have military/law enforcement or both backgrounds, some do not. Regardless, all of the instructors are polite, patient, professional and very competent shooters and firearm instructors. Some of the classes offered are designed to be high level skill courses for those that want or need that type of training. However, the Defensive Pistol I and Defensive Carbine I Courses are designed for anyone that would like to improve their knowledge of the justification of lethal force, decision making and combat marksmanship. We believe in setting the example. All drills are demonstrated by staff before students practice the skill set

We encourage our students to pursue excellence in their defensive training. After all it is life, theirs and their loved ones that they may have to protect. Bottom line with our training it is "a way" we present, not "the way".

Our classes have been quite a mix of skill levels from very new shooters to highly skilled. We tailor the training to the student and have each student safely perform at their skill level. We teach in a respectful manner, presenting techniques to promote proficiency, that challenge students to improve.

Come on out and take a course. You will have fun being challenged and learning. Our Culpeper offerings at the 4H help fund the youth shooting program.

Don't take my word for it. Search for reviews. There are several posted here on AR15.COM.

Disclaimer: 77grOption is the Lead Instructor for Green Ops
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Having took one of their Carbine clinics (and a pistol one) I can tell you that you do not need to be a Tier 1 operator for these. You do not need a ton of gear either. I know I was using my pants pockets for my spare mags until another classmate loaned me a dual mag bladetech holder. So essentially I wore an Ares belt with a bladetech dual holster and that was the extent of my gear. Rifle had a sling and a red dot, nothing else.

It was a great time and I do highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep, I don't want to go and be embarrassed. I think the instructors would be like then then and Id' just sit there and be like .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stuff in red highlights a few of the reasons people never go to training. Sure, a person should not sign-up for a shoot-house course as their first training course. However, as long as one knows how to safely handle a firearm, just about anything else is pretty much good to attend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The stuff in red highlights a few of the reasons people never go to training. Sure, a person should not sign-up for a shoot-house course as their first training course. However, as long as one knows how to safely handle a firearm, just about anything else is pretty much good to attend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great point mo4040 and as Casarez pointed out, you don't have to be a Tier-1 Operator for our courses.  Though this is for an AAR for our pistol course, here's a review from ARFCOMer:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_9_19/234755_Green_Ops_Defensive_Handgun_I___3_19_16__Culpepper__Va_.html

Thanks for the comments and support.  We hope to see more ARFCOMers in the future!
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Our upcoming 4-hour Defensive Carbine Clinic at the NRA on 17 April is almost sold out. If you miss it please consider the full 8-hour Defensive Carbine Course to be held in Culpeper, VA.
Defensive Carbine Course, Culpeper
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#11]
One slot left on the upcoming Carbine Clinic to be held at the NRA, 17 April.  If you miss out, look into the full 8-hour Carbine Course, 23 April.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
It's official...our upcoming 4-hour Defensive Carbine Clinic at the NRA on 17 April is FULL, so the next opportunity will be the full 8-hour Defensive Carbine Course to be held in Culpeper, VA. The training day will be conducted at an outdoor range, that includes additional drills, 50 yard qualifications course of fire, field firing to 100 yards and live fire malfunction clearance.
Defensive Carbine I

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Come on out and train. Forecast for next Saturday looks like 74 degrees, partly cloudy with a 10 percent chance of precip.
$35 of every registration goes to support 4H youth shooting program. Hope to see you there
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I just did the 4 hour course at the NRA range on Sunday evening. I wrote an AAR that is posted at Pistol-Forum.com and I will post it over here at some point soon.

I HIGHLY recommend getting out to a Green Ops course - I am somewhat of a beginner in the world of formal training, but I got a TON out of the class. I look forward to more training with them in the future because they are great guys, the offerings are great, and the price is RIGHT for what you are getting.

-shooter (2nd relay, 2nd from the right, in the Brew-Thru shirt on Sunday night)

ETA: For folks worried that they aren't high speed enough for this class - JUST GO! They don't assume you are a Delta Operator, they assume you know the basics of an AR-15 and your sights. That is it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Looking forward to seeing your AAR over here!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top