User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 9:46:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The course sounds great, but the holiday weekend might be hard for some people.  Is the 5 and 6 set in stone, or could this date change?  I really want to attend, but not sure if I could make it over the 4th of july weekend.

Adam
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Sully,

I'm in, Pauls in, and we might be able to get some other guys up for the course.  What are the hours for each day?

BTW, will shot you over an email about what we discussed this weekend.

Regards,

Eric aka Stubby
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Sully,

How about any week-end other than right after the 4th holiday week-end??
 I would love to attended, but will probably not be around that week-end.

SUCKS!-

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
July 5-6 is the weekend.  For those that have conflicts, we apologize, but there are only a few weekends a summer that are available at the range to run a two day course.  This course will start simple and get rolling fast.  It will be very intensive.  As a friend of mine says it will be "high speed, low drag, teflon coated and air cooled".  We are planning on starting around 0800hrs and run until late afternoon each day.  A guess will be around 1000rds rifle, and 100rds handgun.  For those who have never attended one of our carbine courses, it will be a great eye opener.  I will post more details as they are finalized.

Sully
Chief Instructor
www.thedefensiveedge.com            

Ok.. a couple things I need to ask.

You have now met me. Umm Err.... You think I'm capable of "high speed, low drag, teflon coated and air cooled"? ::chuckling::

Next, as a non professional, what would you suggest as a basic gear load out? I was rather under equipped for the hand gun course, (situation in process of being corrected) and I would prefer not to find myself in the same position again.

Oh yes! And will Fitz be there... I'll need to know weather or not to bring my rain suit. ::laughing::

Jack
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love to make it, but I don't get done with work until 4AM the morning of the 5th, and that's if I don't have any calls that hold me over being the 4th weekend. All you MN'ans come over across the river here to party. Let me know in the future if you will offer another like this, or any LEO rifle courses. I have a carbine I'd like to broaden my horizons with, and the idea of local training works best with my schedule.
If you can, also post your courses on the WI side, as many of us are right on the border to you...
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Sent check and paperwork today.

I picked up knee and elbow pads and a set of BDUs for rolling around in the dirt.

As Fitz will be there I'll pack the rain suit.

All you guys will get to laugh at the "old school" web gear that I brought home in '77. ::chuckling::

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone who is going. Would you pleas sound off? This could be a fun group!

Sully, have an idea on class size yet?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought I already posted, but count me in!  I had to re-arrange the schedule, but I know it is going to be worth it!

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Sully,

I just tried to register on your site, and I get this message: Product was not added to your basket because it can't be found in the store.

Just thought you would want to know.

Adam
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]
How did this class turnout? I ended up not being able to attend(sons ortho work sucked up my spare funds). Someone let us know what it was like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top