Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/6/2003 1:31:13 PM EDT
Wifey wants to go there Sunday- Aug 7 with friend, they want me to bring my Yamaha "ski" and they bring theirs. Isn't there a state run range somewhere there in the vicinity? I have no idea where is (boat ramp/range).

Any input?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:29:11 PM EDT
yep

deer creek has a rifle range run by the state.cant remember if there is a fee or not. call the ohio division of wildlife they could tell you if there is a fee.matter of fact i think i was reading it in ohio 2003 hunting booklet
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:38:36 PM EDT
The range is located on the North-East corner of SR 207 & Cooks-Yankeetown Rd, just on the west side of the Deer Creek river down there. If you come out of the park, where the Lodge and stuff is, turn left and its probably only a mile or so down the road. You will need a shooting range permit (either a 3-day permit or year permit, which can be acquired at any Walmart or such). Call Deer Creek's at (740) 869-3124 for any questions.
www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/deercrk.htm
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:32:38 PM EDT
Hope you enjoy the Barney Fife park ranger breathing down your neck. The guy thinks he is a real bad ass. I stopped going there because of the guy. I can't shoot with some fool standing right behind me with his binoculars making sure I'm hitting the target. He really thinks he's a tuff guy with his big stinking cigar while he's standing on top off you while you try to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:14:58 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies... We came in from I-70, down 56 to Mt Sterling, and down 207. The people we followed turned there at the range, looks nice, kinda small though. We drove by about 12:25pm. We came back by about 5:30 on way home.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top