Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2019 8:59:09 AM EDT
Hello all,

I'm seeking guidance on hunting for muntjac, water deer and possibly roe and fallow deer in England. If possible I would like to get the first two species on the same hunt and a roe buck if possible. I'm not sure what I should be aware of for travling there to hunt.

If I understand correctly I will need a permit to even handle a firearm over there so I'm anticipating having to get that but don't know how to go about it from the US.

I'm also curious about how to find a reputable outfitter and how to go about getting the Cape and skulls back for these animals or is it best to have the taxidermy work done over there? I know if i do that I'll end up essentially paying for the mounts a second time to have them shipped and I have a good taxidermist here in Texas that can do the work.

What else should I know about? Whom amongst you have done one of these hunts?
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 11:44:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scope-eye] [#1]
I cannot help with all the questions but who are you hunting with? They should be able to help.

If you are with a suitable tour company or hunter you can use their firearms under their supervision without a permit. A permit is only needed if you wish to bring your own rifle (and ammo) or possibly somehow acquire one here.

If you don't have a stalk booked through a company or no one to hunt with (ie a local hunter/friend) then you will find it difficult to get what you want.

I have no idea about trophy export or preparation in the UK, I only hunt for meat and then rarely deer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top