Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 5:59:03 PM EDT
I was pretty impressed with the Parma Woods range...not a hang-out, BS and shoot type of range, but good for zeroing and paper target shooting.  Met Nightsar and another forum member...and thanks Nightsar for the directions, they were spot on.  BTW how did that Cheetah ammo clean up?

I'd still like to find a more liberal range...my son likes plinking clay pigeons  Well, the good thing is Parma Woods is only 25-30 minutes from my house on the backroads, so it'll be a good place to go for a quick trip to shoot.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you were next to me Sunday. I though it was a good place for me, but I'd like to find a (safe) place that's not so restrictive or regimented too.

I really need a lot of practice, before I shoot in front of other people.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Its was good to meet you ROCK6. Gotta bring your son next time. How'd you like shooting the SAR?

I shot some of KnightStars Cheetah and actually shot better with Wolf thru my Yugo. Im going to purchase some of the Yugo ammo. Corrosive, but supposed to be some of the better for consistant accuracy. Clean an AK? I'd have to, not chrome lined
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey melonjr, I was in booth 17...

Yeah Marco, it was good to meet both you and knightsar...the SAR shot a lot better than what I was expecting...I'd just like to get to a range where I can "open" it up a little

I'm actually going to be out there this Sunday with my son...plan on going early.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'd still like to find a more liberal range...my son likes plinking clay pigeons  Well, the good thing is Parma Woods is only 25-30 minutes from my house on the backroads, so it'll be a good place to go for a quick trip to shoot.
ROCK6

Rock6,
    drive north to pigeon hill (just south of St. Jo) for more liberal conditions.  Not as nice, but lots more leeway, especially during the week.  Shooting at clay pigeons there is no problem.  25, 50 and 100 yard range and a couple of benches on each.  Both places have their advantages and disadvantages.  Guys running Parma are nice though - used to let me do some holster work and other training drills as long as the boss man wasn't around.  If you get a chance, tell em Adam the helo driver from Leavenworth says hello...

v/r,
Copperhead

Copperhead  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#5]
oh man, iv been going there for almost 2 years and im fed up. 1 shot per second bull shit, even with hand guns. however if you go early in the afternoon no body is there and they will SOMETIMES let you have fun. but until i find myself a "safe" place, ill be shooting there too.............you can also RENT the entire range for $20 an hour, only on a few days a week though,and you can do whatever(fullauto) if you have class3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top