Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 1:23:07 PM EDT
Hey ya'll,

I am planning  to take a woman friend out for something to eat and then retire to somewhere to shoot some pool afterwards. She lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia (I am NOVA), and Winchester or Leesburg would be pretty convenient for the both of us, and I am hoping someone knows at least a good casual restaurant with decent grub in the area to go to. Relaxed atmosphere to just have a couple beers and food is perfect. If ya happen to know a place to play pool that is not filled with people that would also be sweet.

I know she likes to shoot pool, but I suppose I should be open to other options as well as far as things to do or places to go. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I found Shooters Cafe for pool halls in Ashburn, which I think is part of Leesburg? I really don't know my maps too well!  Anyone ever been there?

*ETA, looks like it is a bit past Leesburg on my side, giving her about 1.5 hour drive, which is a little longer than I would hope. I am looking for something more on the northwestern part of Leesburg if possible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
hey man, whereas i cant help you with specifics, i can tell you that you really are looking at some pretty empty country....once you get out in those parts VA very quickly drops back into VA horse country....Leesburg out there is much more like Culpeper than it is say, Fairfax.....

and out past there?  between Leesburg and Winchester is a lot of farms....lots.....your best bet is Leesburg itself (which is very quaint, kind of ritzy from my experience) or actually you driving to Winchester....if you are coming from NoVA, depending on when you are doing it, its not that bad a haul down 66 and up 81....and it would be really easy for her from Martinsburg...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, Winchester is not a bad idea, looks like a straight shoot for her. I will google and see if I can find any places in Winchester. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
no worries...just know that on a week night you are dealing with rush hour....winchester is a nice little town...lots to do...nice restaurants...should find a lot to do there...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Winchester has Winchester Billiards on 203 Weems Lane 8 tables give or take,easy to find.Now has Outback,Red Lobster,Olive Garden,new place off Valley Ave.a couple miles South of pool hall called IJ Canes,open two weeks,bar side with tables and other side with dark wood decent seating,a little higher priced but good food kinda upscale nice but jeans and t-shirt accectable.Also Chilli's,Ruby Tuesdays,Red Hot and Blue,Glory Days Grill andIchiban all with in 10 mins of pool hall.Hope this helps.I'm not a tour guide,just like to eat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies guys. I have been after this woman for a while and I want to make sure we have a good time first time out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Va. ABC store open till 9 pm. around corner,a little Jack Black always helps.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Make sure you have your dick in a box. Women love that surprise.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Make sure you have your dick in a box. Women love that surprise.
that made me laugh. its wrong but still funny.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Now has Outback,Red Lobster,Olive Garden,new place off Valley Ave.a couple miles South of pool hall called IJ Canes,open...

It's absolutely retarded.  Every time I go out to visit my parents, there is a new complex of a half dozen places that popped up.

The new gas station on Valley avenue literally got put up in a weekend.  I drove out Friday, and there was a patch of dirt.  I drove home Sunday, and there was a gas station.

There are tons of places to play pool closer to DC, but I would imagine that is too far for her to drive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Don't know any places to play pool since I don't play myself.  As for places to eat in Winchester, you have the usual chain casual dining places, but also some others downtown.  Cork Street Tavern and Brewbaker's are a couple that I like.  Sweet Caroline's isn't too bad either, and has entertainment pretty often.  One Block West is my favorite place downtown, but there is always a lot of uppity types in there who don't like me wearing jeans to dinner.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't know any places to play pool since I don't play myself.  As for places to eat in Winchester, you have the usual chain casual dining places, but also some others downtown.  Cork Street Tavern and Brewbaker's are a couple that I like.  Sweet Caroline's isn't too bad either, and has entertainment pretty often.  One Block West is my favorite place downtown, but there is always a lot of uppity types in there who don't like me wearing jeans to dinner.  

+1 for Sweet Caroline's!  Damn good eatin!  In case you like a jazzy style atmosphere.  Wasn't all that crowded either.  Didn't notice a pool table, but I really wasn't interested in that part of the evening
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top