Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2003 10:51:17 PM EDT
Anyone reccomend a good FFL in the Albany/Salem area for transfers?

I was going through MLC, but they charge their $25 FFL fee per each item transferred (even though items were from the same person).

I don't know if this is normal, but I've had stuff transferred before that was a single FFL fee for multiple items, and am looking for something like this.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
www.vogarms.com

try this guy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm not impressed with Vogarms.

When I've been in the shop, he's been kind of stuck-up, because I'm not interested in the same AUG he's had on the wall for the last several months.

To be perfectly honest, I don't have a lot of desire for pre-ban stuff, therefore, I'm not his desired customer base.  When I've asked him about post-ban rifles, I get talked down to about why pre-ban is soooo much better (still haven't been able to figure out why this is).

This is pretty much why I don't want to do business here.

Of course, Vogarms does have the rare pre-ban Chinese RPK (a Norinco NHM-91 with a Yugo pistol grip, Russian buttstock, Chinese forearm, and is in a completely illegal configuration, since it doesn't contain 5/6 or more US parts)...

But, according to him, it's exempt, because it's pre-ban!

The guy doesn't even have a clue as to 922r and how it applies to that rifle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Kythri, did you talk to Wes or to one of his employees?  I've had several dealings with him and he's never acted that way.  Maybe he was just having a bad day?
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I do believe it was Wes.

He introduced himself as the owner of the place.

A buddy of mine went in there with a friend of his, and received similar treatment.

I don't know...mentioned the issue about the NHM-91 to him at the gunshow in Albany, and got told that the rifle was exempt from 922r due to the fact that it's pre-ban (it's not.  It's an NHM-91).  Politely suggested that he check out the AK boards on this forum, or one of the number of other resources about AK's to confirm this, and was told that he "didn't need to - I know the gun is pre-ban."

I'm almost scared to do business at a place like that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Huh, that's too bad.  Good thing I didn't buy that AK, then!  

Well, good luck finding someone.  It can be frustrating.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top