Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2010 1:55:25 AM EDT
Just found this, a group was standing outside a muslim festival in Dearborn held on public streets, and open to the public handing out copies of the Gospel of John (Just handing out pamphlets that's it, no protest , demonstration, or anything, just handing out the pamphlets.) when a large group of police surrounded them, and temporarily detained then, and confiscated there camera, and phones, and told them that they couldn't distribute literature within 5 blocks of the event because it violates sharia law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8GWwgjZhnM&feature=related

Where does jon witz live?
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:41:20 AM EDT
you should post this in GD...
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:51:38 AM EDT
I bet that wouldn't have happened if they were OCing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:53:23 AM EDT
I think there are more videos than this. I remember last years deal with this same festival. The video showed some not so nice stuff. How these Muslims get away with this stuff is so far beyond me. Hell, Osama Bin Laden hasn't been in Afghanistan or Pakistan in years. He's been hiding in plain sight in Dearborn.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:23:23 AM EDT
I'd love to stage an OC protest to that event
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:36:40 AM EDT
Watch out for the "dupe" police in GD
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 9:14:12 AM EDT
Boiling frogs......
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2010 1:03:00 PM EDT by bmw20]
I had a terrorism class at Eastern Michigan University in 1997 in which a FBI terrorism expert was the guest speaker. He told us at the time we were only 30 miles from the largest population of Arab Americans with direct ties to terrorist organizations outside the middle east. He, of course, was speaking of Dearborn. He spent 30 minutes talking about how frequently they tracked money from individuals living in Dearborn directly to Hamas & Hezbollah as well as other fringe terrorist organizations that operate all over the world.

Pretty fucking disgusting what we put up with in this Country anymore if you ask me
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:40:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By STJ:
you should post this in GD...

Already cross posted it. It's important enough that I felt that everyone needed to see it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2010 7:40:37 PM EDT by GAS3987]
I have been hearing more and more about this. Being a Christian in what I thought was a Christian nation, and seeing that Islam is being more and more welcomed and almost being able to push Christianity aside, I am outraged. I am not about to bash other faiths, and everyone is welcome to worship how they chose. But it is ridiculous when a foreign faith is given more privilege and legal power than the one that founded this nation. The United States has become way too "sensitive."
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:46:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dougwg:
I bet that wouldn't have happened if they were OCing.

If the cops were intellectually dishonest enough to pull that bullshit, they are capable of a lot worse. Those three would be felons now. If they really wanted to stop this from happening again, they should have done exactly as they did, but had hidden tv cameras with transmitters and a remote receiver that a 4th could have driven away with when they refused to back down and were arrested. That way there are no shenanigans in court when the police say they resisted or make up charges to support an arrest for refusing a lawful order.

At some point, somebody is going to have to put these Muslims in their place. I don't care if it comes in the form of increased insurance rates from the company that insures the city or what. There is no appeasing Muslims, they won't stop pushing their incompatible-with-American-values views until they have it entirely their way. There is no middle ground.

OC'ing wouldn't help in any way, shape, or form. They have the same right that you do. You might get away with making the news the first time, but the next time they will all be bringing their AK's to the festival. Then what?
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:51:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GAS3987:
I have been hearing more and more about this. Being a Christian in what I thought was a Christian nation, and seeing that Islam is being more and more welcomed and almost being able to push Christianity aside, I am outraged. I am not about to bash other faiths, and everyone is welcome to worship how they chose. But it is ridiculous when a foreign faith is given more privilege and legal power than the one that founded this nation. The United States has become way too "sensitive."

While the majority of Americans are some form of Christian, our System of Government has to be completely blind to any form of religion-yours, theirs, mine etc. It's the only way that the system will work. America's strength is it's diversity.... It just happens to be that the Christians were better at converting the masses than other religions over the centuries so you Christians currently enjoy a near monopoly in the USA. Every religion has it's dark days that most prefer to choose to forget-for the Christians it was the Crusades. They ran roughshod across Europe and the middle east forcing everyone to either convert or die. Just like the Muslims are doing now.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 9:18:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

While the majority of Americans are some form of Christian, our System of Government has to be completely blind to any form of religion-yours, theirs, mine etc. It's the only way that the system will work. America's strength is it's diversity.... It just happens to be that the Christians were better at converting the masses than other religions over the centuries so you Christians currently enjoy a near monopoly in the USA. Every religion has it's dark days that most prefer to choose to forget-for the Christians it was the Crusades. They ran roughshod across Europe and the middle east forcing everyone to either convert or die. Just like the Muslims are doing now.

You got your history a little wrong there, the Crusades were a COUNTER ATTACK in response to repeated muslim attacks, and invasions in to Europe, 3 that stand out are that in 1071 the Byzantine army is destroyed by Turks, then from 1071 to 1085 Mercenary The Seljuk Turks conquer Syria and Palestine. The City of Jerusalem is taken from the more civilized Saracen caliphs, then from 1085 to 1095 3000 Christian Pilgrims were massacred in Jerusalem and the Christian churches were destroyed or used as stables. Finally in 1095 Pope Urban II said enough is enough, and launched what was in essence the first "war on terror". You also seem to be confusing the Crusades with the Spanish Inquisition which didn't begin until 1478. Revisionist historians have been trying to re cast the Crusades as some kind of unprovoked attack on a bunch of peaceful Bedouins, but it was anything but.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:14:51 PM EDT
Either way, it's still killing in the name your god.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2010 10:45:39 PM EDT by S_A_C]

They started it. If they didn't want a retaliation, then they shouldn't have attacked, I see no difference between 3000 Christian Pilgrims being massacred in Jerusalem in 1085, and churches all being burned, or turned in to stables by 1095, and 3000 Americans being murdered in New York City in 2001, and a mosque being built 2 blocks from the site to commemorate the attack by 2011. It's the same war, the started it, we have to finish it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:54:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By S_A_C:

They started it. If they didn't want a retaliation, then they shouldn't have attacked, I see no difference between 3000 Christian Pilgrims being massacred in Jerusalem in 1085, and churches all being burned, or turned in to stables by 1095, and 3000 Americans being murdered in New York City in 2001, and a mosque being built 2 blocks from the site to commemorate the attack by 2011. It's the same war, the started it, we have to finish it.

Thanks for backing me up on that one. It's nice to hear someone with factual detailed knowledge.

With regard to my comment earlier, some people seem to forget that 98% of our founding fathers were some form of Christian. They built the Consitution and Bill of Rights based entirely on Christian and Biblical morals. These people would be absolutely spinning in their graves if they knew what the US of A had become today.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 10:59:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2010 11:02:17 AM EDT by IloveDeer]
I find your ignorance helarious and sad. I am an american born muslim. I was raised by muslim immigrants here in michigan, taught things no different then anyone else. Have a house up north that we hunt deer at, play football, go to the gun range, party and enjoy ourselves. You want to keep believeing this lie fed to you that Islam is incompatible with the "west", thats your business. If muslims hate christianity and the "west", with 5-7 million "terrorists" living in the united states, why arnt we killing our neighbors? Why arnt there more attacks? Simple truth is that we would defend this nation just like everyone else. We love this country just as much as you ignorant pricks. Over a billion muslims in the workld and you want to assume that piece of shit Osama represents Islam, when he was trained by us (U.S.A). Why is all the conflict coming from the muslim countries? Open your eyes and see that the countries that founded the current countries in the middle east put the minority in charge of the majority which does nothing but cause conflict. Its alot easier pointing the finger at islam then it is the situation that the colonialists put the muslims in.

We fought Saddam Hussein, a corrupt sunni ruler, ruling a shia muslim majority. We had a democratically elected president of Iran assassinated, and a friendly Shah (king) put in his place causing the "Islamic revolution" in Iran. All of our "allies" in the middle east are kingdoms. KIngdoms have no place in Islam, but I wonder how they became. Hmmmmmmmmm. Funny how as a democracy all our allies are kingdoms. But, as a fact of life the ignorant amongst us search for the answers were looking for and not the truth, so my words dont mean shit. I am a practicing, believeing, loving muslim. No where in my religion am I taught that Christians or Jews are infidels that I must kill or make enemies of. Thats all youll see on the TV though. Get your heads out of your ass's.

"Those who believe, those who are Jews, and the Christians and Sabaeans, all who believe in Thee God and the Last Day and act rightly, will have their reward with their Lord. They will feel no fear and will know no sorrow". (Surat al-Baqara, 62 The Quran)

Alot different from the supposed infidels muslims see us as, huh. Too bad it doesnt make for good tv though. I am not trying to get in a debate, just showing you what Islam really says, and as a Muslim living in dearborn, I assure you there is no talk in the mosques, or community of any evil acts. In fact the people we believe our true enemies to be are the so called "muslims" ruining the name of our religion by hijacking it for there own gains.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:44:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By IloveDeer:
I find your ignorance helarious and sad. I am an american born muslim. I was raised by muslim immigrants here in michigan, taught things no different then anyone else. Have a house up north that we hunt deer at, play football, go to the gun range, party and enjoy ourselves. You want to keep believeing this lie fed to you that Islam is incompatible with the "west", thats your business. If muslims hate christianity and the "west", with 5-7 million "terrorists" living in the united states, why arnt we killing our neighbors? Why arnt there more attacks? Simple truth is that we would defend this nation just like everyone else. We love this country just as much as you ignorant pricks. Over a billion muslims in the workld and you want to assume that piece of shit Osama represents Islam, when he was trained by us (U.S.A). Why is all the conflict coming from the muslim countries? Open your eyes and see that the countries that founded the current countries in the middle east put the minority in charge of the majority which does nothing but cause conflict. Its alot easier pointing the finger at islam then it is the situation that the colonialists put the muslims in.

We fought Saddam Hussein, a corrupt sunni ruler, ruling a shia muslim majority. We had a democratically elected president of Iran assassinated, and a friendly Shah (king) put in his place causing the "Islamic revolution" in Iran. All of our "allies" in the middle east are kingdoms. KIngdoms have no place in Islam, but I wonder how they became. Hmmmmmmmmm. Funny how as a democracy all our allies are kingdoms. But, as a fact of life the ignorant amongst us search for the answers were looking for and not the truth, so my words dont mean shit. I am a practicing, believeing, loving muslim. No where in my religion am I taught that Christians or Jews are infidels that I must kill or make enemies of. Thats all youll see on the TV though. Get your heads out of your ass's.

"Those who believe, those who are Jews, and the Christians and Sabaeans, all who believe in Thee God and the Last Day and act rightly, will have their reward with their Lord. They will feel no fear and will know no sorrow". (Surat al-Baqara, 62 The Quran)

Alot different from the supposed infidels muslims see us as, huh. Too bad it doesnt make for good tv though. I am not trying to get in a debate, just showing you what Islam really says, and as a Muslim living in dearborn, I assure you there is no talk in the mosques, or community of any evil acts. In fact the people we believe our true enemies to be are the so called "muslims" ruining the name of our religion by hijacking it for there own gains.

No one in this thread has yet to say that all muslims in Dearborn are terrorists, our disgust is the apparent enforcement of sharia law by the Dearborn Police Department in an attempt to appease the radicals. Your history is also twisted, saddam came in to power after a bloody coup, we didn't install him, nor did any "colonial power", and the House of Saud (The Saudi Royal Family) gained power through decades of tribal war, they were not installed by anyone, they were assisted through the sale of Arms by the British, but that was only in return for there help. Also with the exception of Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, and I believe also Dubai (All of which are allies by the way) name one country in the middle east which is NOT a monarchy, or dictatorship? Also the Ottoman Empire, and before them the Persian Empire, ruled over the entire region, and gained that control through conquest, it wasn't just the "colonials" that set groups against each other, the only thing they did was set the post World War 1 borders after the Ottoman Empire fell, and incidentally it was in decline for about a hundred years before that, and when World War 1 broke out was barely holding together. Also as I mentioned this same terrorism problem existed before the First Crusade, was that the "colonials" fault to? What I want to know is where are the religious edicts, and public condemnations from the "mainstream" muslims when the "extremists" do something? I see rioting in the streets (granted not in Dearborn) over a cartoon, but silence when a terrorist bombs a school, why is that? You believe the true enemies of islam are the extremists ruining the name of your religion?, than get out there make noise, and let it be known to the whole world that they don't represent you. There ruining your name because all we see when they blow something up, and when they behead our soldiers is nothing, no demonstrations against them, no loud public condemnations, nothing but silence, yet when someone draws a silly little cartoon we see major European city's descending into something out of The Lord Of The Flies, and we see all the prominent muslim "leaders" coming out, and condemning the war, and seemingly openly supporting terrorists, and the destruction of Israel, and again the majority is silent, what is the observer to then conclude about the majority? You don't want the terrorists tarnishing the good name of your religion, than get out there, and condemn them, route them out, make it clear that they do not share your views, don't just tell the rest of us that were picking on you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:44:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By S_A_C:

Thanks for backing me up on that one. It's nice to hear someone with factual detailed knowledge.

With regard to my comment earlier, some people seem to forget that 98% of our founding fathers were some form of Christian. They built the Consitution and Bill of Rights based entirely on Christian and Biblical morals. These people would be absolutely spinning in their graves if they knew what the US of A had become today.

No problem, history is history.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2010 12:14:57 PM EDT by IloveDeer]
You seem like an educated person. Anytime there is something we dont neccessarily understand about someone we put ourselves in thier shoes. Why dont you go to a Friday sermon at a Mosque one day? I would be more then happy to take you. All they do is condemn the terrorists, though you would never hear it though because unfortunatly muslims do not control the media. Why dont you google muslims condemn terror attacks and see for yourself. Not only that but the terrorists have nothing to do with Islam so doesnt condemning them sort of seem like we "claim" them. Did you condemn the "christian" british soldeirs dressed up as arabs driving around and killing iraqi police officers to incite sectarian strife? NO and we wouldnt expect you to because a real Christian wouldnt do that just like a real Muslim wouldnt. Getting sick of the double standard that keeps growing everyday. At the end of the day were all americans that want to raise a good family, have fun, and be left alone by the rest of the worlds problems.

Oh and as for the real reason of this post, they would have stopped anyone preaching or handing out flyers regardless of faith outside of the designated areas (according to DPD).
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:09:56 PM EDT
I'd like to learn more about the compatibilty of the US Constitution with Shari'a Law. If you could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

Shari'a Law
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:28:39 PM EDT
Creeping sharia is exactly what anyone who is paying attention sees.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:32:08 PM EDT
I can see the headlines now, "RADICAL CHRISTIAN EXTREMISTS ATTACK PEACEFUL MUSLIMS".
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:26:19 PM EDT
All I can say is LMAO!!! Wow that is Sad! Keep learning Islam from nonmuslims, seems like you are going to believe what you want to no matter what. I never learned any of those things in Islamic school, sermons at the mosque, or even at Hajj when I went, but then again I'm just a Muslim that is going to lie just to deceive you because it helps Islam. You really believe that bullshit? Try getting your information from a muslim website if you want the truth. I was taught it was an obligation to respect the law of the land you live in, truth and honesty are the ONLY way of living your life, and as the Quran says "let there be no compulsion in religion". Well I'm done responding to this post, believe what you want. If you have real questions that you want answered by a Muslim feel free to email me, or just go on believing what you want to regardless of a small thing called the "truth".
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:44:00 PM EDT
Can't count how many times my Pastor has mentioned the exact same facts. I will never accept Islam, and never deny the Truth even if it costs me my life. For I would rather die in the Truth, than live in a lie.

It is impossible for me to believe that a "religion" that encourages beating wives could possibly want to coexist peacefully. Christ just wanted us to love, respect and care about each other. I am proud to say that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through Christ. (John 14:6)

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:37:10 PM EDT

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:37:47 PM EDT

You're seeing this because the MSM and average liberal hate Christians. Very ironic since your average liberal NEVER supports religious causes IMHO. But, since they view Islam as the enemy of Christianity, they now love Islam.

It's all driven by their hate of Christians.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:23:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RDak:

You're seeing this because the MSM and average liberal hate Christians. Very ironic since your average liberal NEVER supports religious causes IMHO. But, since they view Islam as the enemy of Christianity, they now love Islam.

It's all driven by their hate of Christians.

It is really sad, because as a Christian I am well aware that EVERYONE will be accepted by Christ.. they just have to accept Him and realize that there are no others. Why they put down the faith that this country is BASED ENTIRELY UPON is beyond me, well actually it's not... but in some ways it's just astonishing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:22:26 PM EDT
llovedeer.... TAQIYYA, eh...
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:21:31 AM EDT
You had me till the thing about Brits killing Iraqi police,that where I learnEd your full of it! And
just a couple peaceful muslims from Detroit
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/30/detroit-men-arrested-flight-chicago-amsterdam/
Islam and freedom will never get along
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:00:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By redpine:
llovedeer.... TAQIYYA, eh...

I would have to agree.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:41:22 PM EDT
I learned nearly everything I needed to about Islam on 9/11. Not just the part about there being some extremely motivated and hate filled members of that religion, but that there are millions, billions of them that don't pay much more than lip service about containing the threat they present. I don't think there will ever be peace in the Muslim world until they are held to the White American Male Gold Standard of being expected to police their own. I don't really care how they come to that standard, but something needs to happen to them to affect this change and make it so that Muslim extremism isn't the wink-and-a-nod inside joke that it is now where half the population giggles gleefully while the other half "doesn't support it but they understand it".

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:39:48 PM EDT
I learned nearly everything I needed to about Islam on 9/11.

Yup, I couldn't agree more sir.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:00:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By IloveDeer:
All I can say is LMAO!!! Wow that is Sad! Keep learning Islam from nonmuslims, seems like you are going to believe what you want to no matter what. I never learned any of those things in Islamic school, sermons at the mosque, or even at Hajj when I went, but then again I'm just a Muslim that is going to lie just to deceive you because it helps Islam. You really believe that bullshit? Try getting your information from a muslim website if you want the truth. I was taught it was an obligation to respect the law of the land you live in, truth and honesty are the ONLY way of living your life, and as the Quran says "let there be no compulsion in religion". Well I'm done responding to this post, believe what you want. If you have real questions that you want answered by a Muslim feel free to email me, or just go on believing what you want to regardless of a small thing called the "truth".

In a recent article in the PA daily Al-Ayyam, Dr. Khaled Al-Haroub, a Palestinian researcher at Cambridge University, praised the freedom and tolerance enjoyed by the Muslims in the West, and criticized the Muslims for waging legal battles over marginal issues like the Ground Zero mosque, which provoke Western society and could end up ruining their relations with their neighbors in the West.

"We Keep Increasing Our Religious Demands Vis-a-Vis the West, While Refusing to Meet Even a Few of the Demands Made by Religious Minorities Living among Us"

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:51:11 PM EDT
Then {Ilovedeer} WHY dont AMERICAN muslims voice their anger against what is going on that shows support of their country?! Why is that? If your an AMERICAN the religion you practice is a moot point what was done{9/11} and what is being done is against this country and weather you like it or not your part of this country {if your an american} so to the extremists your just as much part of the problem they want to correct as we non-muslims are.

You never hear in the local,national news about a mosque here in the USA protesting against Al-Qaeda. Why is that? Why are the Amercain muslims silent?

When President Bush Spoke to the nation after 9/11 he said Your either with us or against us. he said nothing of religion he was speaking to AMERICANS. Jews,buddists,catholics,muslims,hell even poeple that worship fruit fly's it didnt matter it's that your an AMERICAN. This country was attacked, our way of life was attacked,innocent porple were killed just because they were in the wrong place at the right time. Stop defending your religion and defend your COUNTRY!

The Declaration of Independence says: We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I couldnt care less what religion you choose. But when your COUNTRY is attacked and your fellow COUNTRYMEN are killed we put aside our differences weather they be religious,political or whatever and then go beat the everlovin tar out of whoever did it.

You have just as much right to parctice your religion as I do and I for one would never want to take that away from you it is your right as an AMERICAN to practice as you see fit. But when one group stand behind a religion and kills the innocent in it's name that is no longer a religion but an excuse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:27:42 PM EDT
......and this would be the point, when the peace-loving muslims among us, say "IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND yadda,yadda,yadda........"
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:19:36 AM EDT
I saw this and called the Dearborn PD....the Desk Sgt knew nothing of it...he asked that I cal back and speak with Sheriff HADDAD....
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:41:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ms329:
I saw this and called the Dearborn PD....the Desk Sgt knew nothing of it...he asked that I cal back and speak with Sheriff HADDAD....

Oh, that is just rich.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:19:09 PM EDT
Dearborn has their own County Sheriff?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:56:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:47:25 PM EDT
Top Top