Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/26/2007 2:09:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 2:15:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By streetfighter:
Please don't ring me up and tell me "I was reading this thing on AR15.com and I think it's all wrong because it's all mis-information etc etc blah blah blah..."

If you feel that strongly about it, sign up for an account!
Moreso, if you already have an account, try logging on and using it to give your opinion.

The more on here, the merrier.

What say you??

Mark

Tell us more, What was the mis-information

And how bad was it that someone decided to call you to tell you

Steve
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 3:00:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 3:16:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:30:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:20:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2007 12:21:15 AM EDT by Bodie]
Emphasis being on the I there, has anyone else seen this "Mis-information" knocking around?
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:00:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bunnyassassin:

Please don't ring me up and tell me "I was reading this thing on AR15.com and I think it's all wrong because it's all mis-information etc etc blah blah blah..."

Moreso, if you already have an account, try logging on and using it to give your opinion.

What say you??

Mark

Altcar shooter? [>://

I was trying to find out who this irate Altcar shooter was, but had no joy !

It wasn't one of my club, I'm glad to say

Steve
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:05:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 3:07:44 AM EDT
Theres loads of lurkers here....just take a look at the Replies VS Read counts against the threads....

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 3:12:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By steven_uk:
Theres loads of lurkers here....just take a look at the Replies VS Read counts against the threads....

Yeah, but I keep re-reading my own threads to bump the numbers up to make it look like people actually read what I post.........................
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 3:53:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By IcarusY625:
Yeah, but I keep re-reading my own threads to bump the numbers up to make it look like people actually read what I post.........................

I thought I was the only one that did that
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 5:37:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rixy52:

I thought I was the only one that did that

The trouble starts when you start replying to your own threads.....and disagree with what you've just said
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 10:56:08 AM EDT

What say you??

Mark

Still no lurker contribution?

Either we have been deemed unworthy of solid, informative debate or said individual has reconsidered their point of view.

Either way it's a shame....it's always nice to see a new avatar and a broader point of view even if it is at odds with someone else
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 11:00:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 11:15:51 AM EDT

I know at least 6 individuals who read this board....some have accounts but don't post......who regularly tell me, "I saw this blah blah on ar15.com", but won't join in.

Dunno why

Shame.....you can have a voice but if you don't use it you can never be heard...

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 11:38:25 AM EDT
They are in awe of you lot. It took me 64 years to pluck up the courage, having developed an overactive DGAF attitude...remember what I said about the 'big boys and girls',
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2007 12:21:25 PM EDT by nick624]

They are in awe of you lot. It took me 64 years to pluck up the courage, having developed an overactive DGAF attitude...remember what I said about the 'big boys and girls',

It took me a while - these places can seem a bit like a pub in the Forest Of Dean....

By which I don't mean there's an unuslly large number of fingers round each pint glass or that the courting couple in the corner seem oddly alike and both called the same bloke dad.

It's the tumbleweed moment when you open the door...

However, here, it's nothing like that as I can vouch, having made Mark's acquaintance (given him lots of hard earned in exchange for a shiny carbine), almost got to meet Toemag (bl&*nkng work!) as well as enjoyed the occasional exchange of views.

Must get to an HRA shoot one of these having forked out to join!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:02:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nick624:

By which I don't mean there's an unuslly large number of fingers round each pint glass or that the courting couple in the corner seem oddly alike and both called the same bloke dad.

It's the tumbleweed moment when you open the door...

You've been to Romney Marsh then

Seriously any lurkers just jump in, we don't bite. I've been on here a year now and enjoyed myself the whole time and learnt a lot as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:14:15 PM EDT
I got fed up of being called a bigot so I avoid posting in the UKHTF but I still read through the posts to see what's happening.

Cheers
Taffy
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:22:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taffy223:
I got fed up of being called a bigot so I avoid posting in the UKHTF but I still read through the posts to see what's happening.

Cheers
Taffy

No. no, no...not big-ot, big-twa..oh never mind, welcome back
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:28:01 PM EDT
I have the attitude that life is too short to not get involved.

I figure getting involved in these things can be really useful, not to mention good fun and as long as I learn from my mistakes and take criticism as an opportunity to gain a broader perspective I won't go far wrong. Some of these lurker types might be able to offer some of us less experienced types a lot of useful tips and help promote the sport if only they'd get involved.

Still, each to their own.

Talking of which, my wife's folks live close to Bisley and when we come down to visit I'd like to bring my rifle and do a couple of the comps at Bisley.

The only concerns I have are storage of ammo and gun. I do have a portable safe that can be secured in the house and I can always remove the bolt and carrier but would I need to inform the local police or take special precautions?

I know Bisley offers safe storage of firearms but I've no idea how it works. What do other folks do when they travel from afar?
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:20:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:23:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 12:05:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bunnyassassin:

Originally Posted By Agent_Funky:

I know Bisley offers safe storage of firearms but I've no idea how it works. What do other folks do when they travel from afar?

We get very friendly treatment the couple at the Canadian Lodge that have a HO Approved Armoury....

I'm only 10 minutes away......, you can leave them with me!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 2:31:21 AM EDT
I try to join in when I can, but I can only get on from work as SKY broadband seems to hate AR15.com
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 2:42:48 AM EDT
Orange dosen't seem to like it either.

Any one else use Orange (Freeserve, wanadoo, etc)?
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 2:55:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:34:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By smorland:
I try to join in when I can, but I can only get on from work as SKY broadband seems to hate AR15.com

I know it's a different country over here, but I had similar issues after our broadband provider did a reconfiguration after a major storm last year caused considerable damage to their equipment.

I couldn't get onto Arf at all, and I called in to complain. They worked with me, and after I sent them copies of the 'tracert' screen, they were able to track down the blockage and repair it. It is not only for your own good; it helps them, as well. I don't think they really care what site you are going to. You do, however, need to be in touch with a real person, and not one that's on a phone line in New Delhi.

OK, back to my own side of the pond again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:42:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By smorland:

I think rbecks has the same issues

I am on Sky (which is first class in all other respects) and it only allows AR15.com in the mornings

Richard
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:08:02 AM EDT
NTL here, no problems at all
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:36:36 AM EDT
Talktalk, no problems at all

I still love you TalkTalk
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:11:03 AM EDT
Btinternet.....no problem
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:13:04 AM EDT
Virgin broadband no probs
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:17:15 AM EDT
No problem from Demon, Prodigy, Zen, or my sisters Orange ADSLs...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:22:46 PM EDT
"We" are not alone in having problems getting on arfcom

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=3&t=484254

some useful? suggestions there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:08:43 PM EDT
Top Top