Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 3:34:58 PM EDT
Hey all,

Just got to Colorado Springs and would like to buy my first AR.  I was here a few years ago for two years, so I'm familiar with Specialty Sports and Dragon Man's, but I was wondering if you guys could recommend any other dealers in the Springs that have a good selection of AR-15s and good prices.

I'd like to buy a carbine with the normal (post-sunset) features, but none have showed up at Specialty Sports yet, and those guys didn't seem keen on the idea of former LEO-only rifles.  Anyone seen any LEO carbines in town?

Thanks a lot,

Dave
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Colorado AR15 Shooters Site and they have a list of dealers.  You may want to check out STRIKE Force in Colorado Springs

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You may want to check out STRIKE Force in Colorado Springs

Thanks, Jeff.  I hadn't heard of them before, and it's right down the street from my old apartment, so they must be new (?).  I'll check them out in the next day or two - have to allocate some time to finding a house too...

Dave
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Dave,

StrikeForce is also a Class 3 dealer. They are a by appointment dealer, and do most of the fun shows. They are in the process of moving all their stuff from the old North Nevada location to the South 8th Strret location. So Tom and or Josh may be a bit slow calling you back. (8 safes full of stuff to move)

They will also order for you. It was a cost plus 10% deal, but they may change that very soon and charge a flat rate for transfers.

They have an order of Bushmasters inbound as we speak, at least two of every Glock, and some Colt AR-115s that were made during the ban. But they will be "upgrading the Colt's before selling them. (I know because I installed some collapsible stocks on them last week.) And Circuits will be threading the barrels and adding the flash hiders prior to sale, so they'll be almost completely debaned by the time you see them.

If you need more, let me know.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like you are active duty Army so why don't you just join the Trap/Skeet club here at Peterson AFB and you can order guns from the distributor at cost with no transfer fee?

They have at least two guys up there who hold FFLs and they have guns delivered to them all the time.

They are open Thurs, Sat and Sun.  Their number is 596-7688.

By the way, you're not in the 2nd Squadron are you?  I have a friend in that unit who is a Bradley gunner.  

TennVol
MSgt USAF
84th ALF
Peterson AFB
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I left Carson last year.  Hickman Rifles is a big Rock River dealer.  Try him out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#6]
TennVol, are you kidding me?  I am here at the Academy, and I may be doing some shopping for my brother coming back from Iraq.  Can they get all makes, or only certain manufacturers?

Good stuff.

-Redfoot
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I looked at their catalogs, they had DPMS, Colt, Bushmaster and a few others (black rifle specific, that is).  I haven't been over there in a year or so, but I imagine they still have them.  I used to work in the 21 SVS orderly room and we recieved all of their mail.  They usually got two to three catalogs a week from various manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Out friggan standing.  I am going down there on Friday with a pricelist.

Could you possibly provide me with directions to the club, or at least an address for me to mapquest?

Thanks!!

-Redfoot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top