Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2008 6:04:32 PM EDT
I am new to the area, and I haven't found a local shop to deal with yet.
My question is, is there a transfer friendly dealer in the area that doesn't get out of hand with fees?
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind somebody making a profit, but if I am ordering 3 lowers @ $120 a piece, paying $50 per lower gets expensive.
Who would be the best shop or individual to use?
Thanks in advance.

thump
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#1]
northern va?  virginia arms.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in Chantilly, to be specific.

thump
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
ok. virginia arms in manassas. 20$ transfer
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Virginia Arms Co.
9760 Center St.
Manassas VA 20110
703-368-3949
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
+3 for VA Arms.

When I was in NOVA, the drive to deal with them was worth it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
yep...go see Bernie and his boys...they will accept from private individuals, are great to deal with, and the aforementioned $20....

of course, be forewarned, you almost always spend MORE money in there...so that $20 can turn into LOTS more...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Another plus for VA Arms.  Those guys are fantastic.  I have also impulse bought a LOT of stuff when picking up a $20 transfer (and they know it).

If you just want a transfer type, with no sales floor, look up Bruce Furr in Vienna.  He can also order you just about anything as well.  He worked at Galyans, back when they had handguns, and always seemed like a good guy to do business with.

shooter
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll second Bruce Furr--I've got a transfer going through him coming in tomorrow, and I've done a 2-way transfer through him before (he shipped out a gun I traded to an FFL and received and transferred the gun I got in exchange)--great guy to deal with!

VA Arms' staff was nice and went the extra mile to check if they had any S&W m41 magazines in-stock when I visited them last, and answered all of my questions promptly and with confidence; I don't usually get down to Manassas (even though I, too, live in Chantilly), but last I checked they had some pretty competitive prices on a CZ75B I was looking at =)
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:30:06 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 on Virginia Arms! Great Guys!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#10]
+ 1 for Bruce!

His info is in the dealer listing at the top of the VA HTF here.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top